NH Independence Drive media coverage

This reportedly mentions us: https://www.onenewspage.com/video/20231212/16426421/Texit-Now-Going-Full-English-with-Graham.htm

2 Likes

some nullification getting noticed

1 Like

https://twitter.com/RedState/status/1722821384634564614

1 Like

https://forum.shiresociety.com/t/lte-nhexit-legislation-would-let-the-people-vote-on-independence/13739/2

1 Like

On the first day of chaos, @NHGOP gave to meā€¦ a bill to Secede from the United States!
https://twitter.com/NHHouseDems/status/1735042896334569711

This article is about both the NH movement and the TEXIT movement.

[Edit: This from clicking her picture at the top of the article:

CAROLINE MCCAUGHEY

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Caroline McCaughey is a Contributor for the Sun
Ms. McCaughey is a native New Yorker now based in New Hampshire. Her interests include politics, drug policy, and counterculture.]

1 Like

ā€œDeep diveā€ into Texas v White by Daniel Millerā€¦ mentions NH
secessionists more than once. If youā€™re not into details, this
isnā€™t for you. Discussion begins about 12 minutes in.

1 Like

thanks leif. Getting a little more media traction now but weā€™re still probably behind where we were at this point last time (2021)ā€¦

1 Like

There is an article posted to the ā€œTexit moving aheadā€ thread
in which I opined that we will know that weā€™ve made it when
Newsweek picks up on the NH independence movement.

Info for the writer and my email to him appears below.

James Bickerton is a Newsweek U.S. News reporter based in London, U.K. His focus is covering U.S. politics and world politics. He has covered the intersection between politics and emerging technology, such as artificial intelligence. James joined Newsweek in July 2022 from LBC, and previously worked for the Daily Express. He is a graduate of Oxford University. Languages: English. Twitter: @JBickertonUK.
You can get in touch with James by emailing j.bickerton@newsweek.com

to: j.bickerton@newsweek.com]
subject: Texit, and the NH independence movement

We here in New Hampshire have been following TEXIT
very closely. Daniel Miller has also attended NH events
discussing NH independence. He has also
interviewed NH secession people on his podcast.

I have personally discussed secession with him (several
hours one on one) and have found him to be very
knowledgeable, and a pit-bull when it comes to politics.

I submit that New Hampshire has a tenacious independence
movement, including several legislative actions up for
consideration at this time. It might be worth your while to
look at NH as well as Texas. It would show the wider
story of secession movements in the U.S.

David E. Sanders
Manchester, NH
January 9, 2024 10:53am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/secession-bill-returns-to-nh-legislature-with-focus-on-national-debt/ar-AA1mFRsj

Thatā€™s the gal who responded to the news release and interviewed me a couple days ago. Full interview recorded and will upload it to RidleyReport.com shortly.

Meanwhile some more new coverage and some older coverage I hadnā€™t noticed before:

James Bickerton, from Newsweek, has responded to my email.
I received the following this morning.

Hi David,

Thanks for getting in touch - Iā€™d certainly be interested in anything about a New Hampshire independence movement. Are there any groups/movements (even if only on social media) advocating for this?

BW,
James

This is our chance folks, letā€™s let him know.
If he hears from more than me, it would go a long way.
j.bickerton@newsweek.com

I have responded:

Good morning sirā€¦
Thank you for responding to my email.
NH secession is being discussed on most of the major social media,
but itā€™s hit and miss sometimes.

The most intensive discussion can probably be found on
https://forum.shiresociety.com - you must write an introduction to be able
to post, but I think you can read without it. This is the one I consider most
active, and on which I am (Leif_Alexander).
I have posted your response to my email to this group, so you might get
more email from them.

http://NHExit.org

Some of these groups are also present on YouTube, Facebook, etc.

Again, thank you for responding.
David E. Sanders
Manchester, NH USA

I have sent James Bickerton another email, letting him know about
tomorrowā€™s activities, and including links to the legislation to be
discussed at the two committee meetings.

I think it would be good to post here what info each of us sends
him, so that he doesnā€™t receive lots of email on one topic, and nothing
on others that might be equally important.
I suspect that the survey citing the 42% would be of interest to him.
Perhaps our resident independent journalist here could mention
that to him, as he does to the local media.

Entire hearings for the day

thank you to Chris Wade, riley blake, joseph, doctordoom and his companion whoā€™s name I didnā€™t getā€¦ and all the others who showed up for the ungodly early sign wave at 8:30am ! Thanks to Michael who attended the 12p one even though the meeting broke so early.

exec sessions are open to public in all cases Iā€™m aware of. but no public comment. So you can ā€œcommentā€ to them as they enter or leave. I interviewed some committee members as they were leaving the building but I have so much video from outside the hearing etc. itā€™s gonna take a long time to get it all on the air.

Ok so the apparent dismissive treatment of our people delivering testimonyā€¦is hopefully a grievance I can raise with some members of the committeeā€¦ I donā€™t own a car but hopefully i can get back to Concord around the time they are having a cmte meetingā€¦ and ambush interview them with your concerns.

ā€œas for the means the state has provided me for changing itā€¦they take too long, and a manā€™s life will be gone.ā€

I have sent James Bickerton several more emails, including
links to the live-stream testimony on Friday, and some of the
footage that RidleyReport2 has posted afterward. Also, I have
sent him a link to the SurveyUSA results.

Iā€™m thinking that in the future, all of my emails to him will have
the subject ā€œNH secessionā€, so that they are readily identifiable
in his list of emails, and that perhaps if others here want to send
him emails they could start with the same subjectā€¦ in order to
let them stand out in the ā€œnew mailā€ list.

1 Like

To the comment about the systemā€™s approved means to change taking too long Iā€™d certainly agree. To that my response however is Iā€™ll do what I can to speed it up like my move to New Hampshire to take part alongside other fellow activists in changing things somewhere. This and sometimes we do things not for ourselves, but our childrenā€™s children even where one may not ever have offspring of ones own (as is the case for me, that is to say I have no children, nor is it likely thatā€™ll change).

Keep up the good work Ridley!

1 Like

Re: testimony given last Friday

One question concerns whether or not the primary sponsor recites the Pledge of Allegiance, and why not. Rep. Gerhard appealed to a higher power, to a master that was not the government. No governmental body wants to hear that they are not your master.

It is also clear that the chairman is not well versed in history. Soldiers in the Civil War did not fight to keep the nation ā€œindivisibleā€. Most of them couldnā€™t care less, but they were soldiers, that was their job. In truth, many in the North were quite happy to see the South gone. Not until the time of the Emancipation Proclamation was slavery ever a reason for their actions.

I do believe that Gerhardā€™s response to the question about the ā€œblood-stained flagsā€ in the Hall of Flags was sufficient.

Rep. Gerhard also did not have a clue as to when the national debt would reach $40 trillion. That date is readily available, and in fact I had posted it a few days prior.

The question about White vs Texas is still a stumbling block for them. All they want to do is listen to the argument that secession is illegal. At the time, secession of states and their confederation was illegal, but at the time of their secession, secession was not illegal. Nor is it today.
Rep. Gerhard failed to adequately respond. He referred to ā€œnine men in black dressesā€. This kind of language does more to hurt us than to help us.

I am almost done with a detailed analysis of US Supreme Court and other court opinions dealing with secession. It will also include the intertwined questions of nullification and anti-commandeering.

Our legislators, including Rep. Gerhard are not doing their homework, are not keeping up with whatā€™s going on.

Russel Kanning did mention the Texit situation, nice job.
Rep. Santonostaso said that HB 1130 was about preparedness for a national divorce. Very good.

As to the Pledge of Allegiance, if they were to ask me why I donā€™t recite the pledge, they would really not like it.
Line-by-line:
ā€œI pledge allegianceā€¦ā€ I stick to the position of many anarchists, of ā€œNo gods, no mastersā€. I am an individualist and a free-thinker. Pledging allegiance, no questions asked, is a bit like the attitude of ā€œIf you donā€™t like it, leave itā€.

ā€œā€¦ to the flagā€¦ā€ - ridiculous. The flag is an inanimate thing. The United States is probably the only country in the world that puts so much emphasis on the flag.

ā€œā€¦of the United States of Americaā€¦ ā€œ - I will not work to hold the states united just for the sake of union. I will also not pledge allegiance to any other flag or country.

ā€œā€¦ and to the Republic for which it standsā€¦ā€ - No problem, it does appear to be a republic, more or less.

ā€œā€¦one nation under Godā€¦ā€ - I have no gods, no masters. I am essentially an atheist. I do not believe that any religious belief should guide civil society. Individuals may believe as they choose, but no god established the nation, nor should any religion be the guide for the civil society.

ā€œā€¦indivivisibleā€¦ā€ - Obviously not. This strikes me as pure propaganda.

ā€œā€¦with liberty and justice for allā€ - Yeah? Tell that to all the civil rights activists of the '60s; to the ā€œthree strikes youā€™re outā€ policies in California; to police brutality; etc.

1 Like