NH Independence Drive media coverage

There were several things that ran kind of off-the-cuff that were wrong, but not really
very serious. For example, Zandra talked about people being “brought to NH”. Fact
is that I didn’t find out about the FSP until AFTER I had decided to move to NH.
Zandra is also forgetting that Freestaters, while they might be in every town and county
and city in NH, are still a very small minority. Activist, yes, but still a very very small
minority. It takes the rest of the community, the majority, to elect them to office.

I wish that some major media would talk to some of us lesser-known Freestaters.
For example, I have already expressed my views on secession, but I have also said
that now is not the time, that we need to get our act straight on the underlying issues.
Fact is, if I had been able to appear at the CACR-32 hearing, I would have pointed
out the problems of the committee’s way of thinking, but would also have urged them
to vote “NO” on the bill. Now is not the time.

In the long run, there is too much emphasis on the “faces” of the FSP, and not enough
on the membership at large. Further, there are many people who have moved here for
liberty but have never signed the letter of intent, and never been active in the FSP.

I would guess that the major media will always focus on the more-known freestaters. If you want them to cover your activism, you might have to do something newsworthy.

I want to be free of the US, NATO, UN, WHO right now. How long do I have to wait on your timetable?

I think it is a matter of perspective. We would all like to be free of these things right now…
But I think that to be free of them, we just have to stop following them. Call it civil disobedience
if you like. It is not really a matter of whether or not these organizations are exerting their claim
over us… it is a matter if we cooperate with them.

On a more formal basis, I think that complete separation from all these can happen within about
ten years. Every ten years NH votes on a new constitutional convention. When’s the next one,
about 2032? I suggest that if we do it right, people will be ready to vote on a national constitutional convention for NH, rather than a state one.

In the meantime, we take care of these things at the local and state level. Instead of setting building
codes to be what the international building code are, eliminate that directive from the RSAs. Anything
in the RSAs that refer to national or international laws or regulations need to be eliminated. Of course,
sometimes it might be necessary to substitute something more particular to our state. Building codes
might be rewritten, to make them more applicable to NH specifically.
At the same time, I think Carla had it right when she said that the decision on Gunstock (? that ski place)
had to be a decision of the people of that county. We have to stop thinking about a standard FSP economic or political goal. Each county, each town, etc. had to be given autonomy. In the long run
that will give us all autonomy from not only the state, but from all national and international groups.
We just have to do it.

In other words, work locally, not nationally or internationally. Make each of our towns and cities essentially an independent region. Many towns have no ordinances, even about noise, or the operation
of various types of businesses. If each town acted independently of the state, it would also be
acting independently of the US, NATO, UN, etc.

Some would say that it makes it possible for the state to pick us off one town at a time. I say, if each
town ACTED independently, and each town respected the decisions of the towns next door, NH would essentially be a conglomeration of independent towns. If the state refused to interfere on local matters,
but would defend local areas against outside interference (e.g. on the matter of civil asset forfeiture),
we would be DE FACTO independent.

[edit] I can think of one time this actually had an effect… many years ago, the businesses around Niagara Falls wanted to take advantage of weekend (including Sunday) tourism. However, there was I believe a provincial, but perhaps a national, law that closed businesses on Sunday. The businesses banded together to resist the Sunday closing law. The threat did not carry through completely, but within a very short time the message got through. I’m not sure what the Sunday business laws are now, but there are certainly more businesses open on Sunday than there used to be. I think this action was taken about 30-40 years ago…

One servant with two masters serves neither well.

1 Like

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I’ve been in rehab after a complete hip replacement on March 30.

El_Stone… That’s exactly why I suggest the route to independence that I have above. In this case it might even be three masters - federal govt, state govt, and local govt. I have come down on the side
of local govt, and what local govt can do to throw off the state and federal govts.

1 Like

NHexit comes up a few times in this radio appearance…

meanwhile:

https://www.ledgertranscript.com/Results-for-House-of-Representatives-Cheshire-18-and-Hillsborough-32-48732157

2 Likes

Recent NHexit discussion meetings RidleyReport

1 Like

New Hampshire Independence Podcast

Hosted by Riley Blake

Episode one (21min)

US Prez candidates answer The Question
https://twitter.com/TexasNatMov/status/1706080843272196107

Former State Rep answers questions about NHexit

a reporter from La Nacion in argentina contacted me and asked for pics of grafton…
i’m not sure if his article mentions the secession drive; i’m not sure what the spanish word for secession is… maybe they’re just trying to warn their people that bears may invade argentina now that the country has a liberty leaning el presidente.

I’ve sent an email to NH Journal asking them to forward it to the author so I can invite him to the rabbit hole

1 Like

looks like all these articles mention our secession drive, but there were a couple that were hidden.

https://www.vnews.com/nh-education-and-the-free-state-movement-47962998

i’ve just updated my talk radio list with roughly 7 more shows that accept calls and will start calling them in addition to the shows I already call. I tend to call on topic but sometimes I’m able to mention NHexit as a solution to the problems the host is discussing.

I don’t generally list such calls on this thread but rather at
" Calling talk radio - #13 by RidleyReport2 "

I’d like to call Gardner Golsmith’s show; does anyone know how to contact him?

recently saw this , which was recently posted on NHSecession.com I think:

Dean Kamen – Secessionist

>Blog>Dean Kamen – Secessionist

Post author:Editor
Post published:October 10, 2023
Post category:Blog
Post comments:0 Comments

The crazy but true story of how inventor Dean Kamen seceded from the U.S.
photo of Dean Kamen

Did you know that there has already been a successful, peaceful secession from the United States? It was lead in 1988 by none other than Dean Kamen, inventor of the Segway (among hundreds of other things). He’s also the founder of FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology), an organization created to build students’ interests in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).

Kamen, age 72, is a native of Long Island, NY. In 1986, he purchased North Dumpling Island for $2,500,000. The island is two acres (8100 m2), located three miles from Noank, Connecticut. It lies within the territory of the town of Southold on Long Island in New York State. It came with a mansion and a lighthouse.
map showing the location of North Dumpling Island
North Dumpling’s Path to Independence

In a presentation Kamen gave to a small group in May 2015 (with additional details from this New York Times article), this is the story of North Dumpling Island’s secession.

Kamen wanted to build an electricity-producing wind turbine on the island to power his home. But New York bureaucrats told him he couldn’t. They said the proposed turbine was “too big”, and the noise would disturb his neighbors…. Kamen owned the entire island!! They told him he couldn’t build any structure more than 40 feet tall without a variance. He wanted to build a 100 foot tower.

In November 1988, Kamen threatened to leave the state of New York and contacted Connecticut State Senator George L. Gunther, Republican of Stratford, about annexation. ”I thought it might be better if North Dumpling Island annexed Connecticut,” said Mr. Gunther. He went on to become Mr. Kamen’s Secretary of Interstate and now holds dual citizenship.

Kamen spoke with a friend at Harvard, who happened to be an expert on constitutional law. They found a loophole that allowed him to secede… not just from New York State, but from the U.S.! As Kamen relates it, “’We worked out a diplomatic settlement to avoid an armed conflict”.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, New York State didn’t acknowledge the legitimacy of North Dumpling as a separate nation. It continued to send Kamen warning letters about his wind turbine. Kamen responded by sending the letters to the New York press with this statement: “See how disrespectful New York bureaucrats can be – they dare threaten the head of an independent nation-state.” Eventually, the warning letters stopped coming.
The Sovereign State of North Dumpling

North Dumpling has its own flag, constitution, visas, and passport stamp. It also has a Cabinet, a newspaper (the North Dumpling Times) and currency, called “the dumpling”. The exchange rate is 1000 dumplings to one U.S. dollar. It has its own Navy (a surplus amphibious vehicle) and an Air Force (a helicopter). Kamen playfully refers to himself as “Lord Dumpling”.

It also has a national anthem, with lyrics written by a Broadway director, Paul Lazarus, Minister of Brunch. The first verse, sung to the tune of ”America, the Beautiful,” goes:
O isolate
With star-filled skies
And crashing waves of foam

From Moonwatch Hill
to Great Stonehenge
O blessed second home.
Source: https://www.nytimes.com/1988/04/22/nyregion/our-towns-from-li-sound-a-new-nation-asserts-itself.html

While visiting the White House, Kamen even got then-President George H.W. Bush to sign a nonaggression pact with North Dumpling.

A local morning talk show visited North Dumpling to do a broadcast. Kamen asked one of the show’s hosts if he’d like to convert his U.S. dollars to dumplings. The host expressed skepticism, asking if dumplings were “real currency”. Kamen accurately pointed out that U.S. dollars are the currency that should really be questioned! The dollar had been taken off the gold standard decades earlier and was now backed by nothing but thin air.

The nation of North Dumpling even gave foreign aid to the United States. On the wall of his home, Kamen has a framed “Foreign Aid National Treasure Bond”, in the amount of $100. The reason for the aid is printed on the certificate:

Once the technological leaders of the world, America’s Citizens have been slipping into Woeful Ignorance of and Dismaying Indifference to the wonders of science and technology. This threatens the United States with Dire Descent into scientific and technological illiteracy… The Nation of North Dumpling Island hereby commits itself to helping rescue its neighbor Nation from such fate by supporting the efforts of the Foundation for Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology in promoting excellence in and appreciation of these disciplines among the peoples of the United States of America
North Dumpling Foreign Aid National Treasure Bond

North Dumpling Island is the world’s first carbon-negative nation.

Despite being the supreme ruler of the independent nation of North Dumpling Island, Kamen spends most of his time right here in New Hampshire. He has a home in Bedford, and founded and works at DEKA Research and Development Corp., headquartered in Manchester.

The New York Times article about North Dumpling Island points out “his lordship can always create another new country on the mountain he recently purchased in New Hampshire.”
Please Share This Share this content

Opens in a new window

Twitter
Opens in a new window
Facebook
Opens in a new window

Pinterest

You Might Also Like
Read more about the article Club 75 Alliance
Club 75 Alliance
July 8, 2022
Read more about the article Would You Relocate for Independence?
Would You Relocate for Independence?
November 2, 2022
Read more about the article Burn the Boats
Burn the Boats
August 20, 2022
Leave a Reply
Comment
Enter your name or username to comment
Enter your email address to comment
Enter your website URL (optional)

Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.

Search

Texas Nationalist Movement podcast

If you get a chance, listen to the podcast on the Conch Republic.
I remember when this happened. Federal law enforcement set
up a checkpoint where the Florida Keys entered the mainland,
and they searched every single car leaving the keys for illegal
aliens and drugs. The line of cars down the Keys was miles
long. Eventually Key West revolted, set up their own independent
country called the Conch Republic. They even have their own
passport and such.
Interesting thing… they declared war on the United States,
half an hour later they surrendered, and then asked for foreign
aid from the United States!

1 Like

I have placed a longer history of the Conch Republic, with
more details about the secession in the NHExit Group.

1 Like