NH: FBI Bitcoin Raid. Main thread, one stop shop for info

Note: To properly keyword search this thread, you may need to hit CTRL + F twice.
According to initial reports: Multiple arrests, multiple Bitcoin locations around NH targetted, Feds attempting interrogation of Derrick Horton from “Derrick J’s Victimless Crime Spree” movie. Bitcoin-boosting FreeTalkLive.com host Ian Freeman reportedly arrested. Free stater Greg Surbey missing and the two crises possibly related. Details to follow as situation allows.

A much more active discussion is here if you can see it: Facebook Groups

1 Like

I remember hearing on Free Talk Live that around 2019 the FBI tried to interview people who knew the host, Ian Freeman aka Ian Bernard. Related to Bitcoin. It’s his house they are apparently raiding on Leverett, or at least that sounds like the address… lemme check.

Please post what you know. Busy sending this thread to all the crypto news websites. Can I get a volunteer to spread it among secessionist or libertarian news sites? And let me know who you contacted?

Update: I’m now sending it to the secessionist news sites and will post here with an update if I start sending it to the libertarian sites. What else can you think of that needs doing, other action items?

Contact me at ridleyreport at live period com if you want to coordinate with me by email.

Update: i’ve now contacted about 10 libertarian news sites regarding this.

1 Like

As I was logging on to Facebook today for the purpose of telling the world about the FBI raid on Keene free stater buildings, I saw a more shocking but related piece of NH liberty news.

Free stater Greg Surbey has apparently disappeared

You may already know this, but here’s what I have that is new: Well, actually new and old at the same time. Around 2008, Greg and I were attending “Taproom Tuesday,” a weekly libertarian gathering at Murphy’s Taproom in Manchester, NH. He asked me to take a walk with him for a private conversation. It may have been two walks, separated by weeks… I forget.

As best I can recall, he told me that he had been pressured by the FBI into a meeting with them around that time. They were investigating the Free State Project and Elaine Brown sympathizers. They apparently used a security clearance he had… as leverage to prevent him from exercising his Fifth Amendment rights to not answer their questions.

He said three of them questioned him at a restaurant, Friendlies’ I think… and he was worried for his safety. He wanted to keep it quiet, the fact that they had interviewed him. But he said something to the effect that if anything happened to him, I should go public with what he had told me. The FBI doesn’t exactly have a reputation for “disappearing” people, and it seemed a little unlikely he would disappear, but now he apparently has…right before Hoover’s descendants arrive on the scene and start waving their johnathons around. The least I can do, possibly also the most, is carry out his request as best I can. So that is the basic gist of what I know; there are more minor details, and I will try to post them shortly

1 Like

I’ve started a separate thread for the Surbey disappearance and am posting more details there.
https://forum.shiresociety.com/t/free-stater-greg-surbey-reportedly-missing/12559/2

Sent this to about 25 crypto and financial news outlets:

"FBI raids New Hampshire Bitcoin community

Multiple arrests reported, Bitcoin vending machines apparently seized around state, Feds said to cordon off Bitcoin embassy at Keene, authorities reportedly staking out Bitcoin Shoppe owner (?) Derrick Horton for three hours attempting interrogation.

Details/updates: NH: FBI reportedly raiding Bitcoin embassy / free stater building (3/16/2021) - #2 by clamoring

New Hampshire’s high concentration of liberty activists and the Free State Project migration has caused the state to punch above its weight in the crypto space, but the question is… how effectively will we respond to this?

Dave Ridley
NHexit.com"

1 Like

According to Matt Roach this apparently took on some of the characteristics of a swat raid; an armored vehicle reportedly ripped out his window at the Leverett Street house; he’s posted a picture here:

Facebook Groups - This is where the most active discussion is going on that I can see, but FreeTalkLive.com probably has a Mastadon chat or something that is more active.

Also:

1 Like

FreeTalkLive.com crew livestreams from damaged studio attempting to get a show on the air despite the raid 3/16/2021. Lots of conversation with useful info.

I did not however find a 3/16 show in their archives, as of 3/17.
Folks in the studio during the live stream said that tip.LRN.fm is where they hoped people would send donations. {{Update 3/21: They are now saying not to donate there any more for fear it may be compromised. A new option I keep hearing, and have heard from one of the hosts, is captainkickass@edge . Whatever that means (someone elaborate please.) What do you think is the best place to go for donating? }} LRN.fm is Free Talk Live founder (now detainee) Ian Freeman’s site.

The new information I have which I haven’t seen in the mainstream press is that the police apparently undertook a forced entry using the controversial armored vechicle in Keene, the bearcat. This according to Matt Roach who apparently lives at a targeted location and posted a pic which I have seen, of his window reportedly pulled out by the cat. I’ll try to find it again and post it.

some guy heckling at one of the raids apparently told the enforcers they would be “hung” after “the courts are controlled by us” or something to that effect. Such a statement is …unhelpful to freedom and, is hereby condemned… not sure who it was. Don’t fall for the temptation to do that shit folks.

Ultimately, though, in a free country you should not need the government’s permission to do business as a money transmitter. It’s a reminder that…like Estonia…New Hampshire would be better off as an independent nation.

Update inserted 3/21: I’ve contacted Matt Roach for clarification regarding the Bearcat. He says all the armored vehicles may in fact have been brought by the Feds, and that KPD may be correct when it says “their” Bearcat was not involved.

1 Like

Former NH Libertarian Party governor candidate Darryl Perry’s account has posted this to Facebook:

"Andy, Renee, Aria & Colleen are being released with pretty strict terms (can’t use anything connected to internet without approval of probation officer, all firearms must be removed from house, can’t obtain/possess passport, can’t contact any co-defendants, must provide DNA sample, can’t use alcohol or drugs; submit to drug & alcohol testing & notify feds if they open any new bank accounts).

Ian to have detention hearing on Fri at 3; will remain in custody until then

Ian’s lawyer cited media reports citing unnamed FBI Agent(s) that there’s no threat to public safety

Rich may have refused to be released because he didn’t want to comply with the terms of release (not entirely positive, as him & Ian had hearings at same time in front of different judges)"

1 Like

A free stater has posted this link to what he says is the indictment:

Shawn Grissom’s account on Facebook posted this, regarding a peaceable standoff-of-sorts which developed on 3/16 at Derrick Horton’s home and/or business…he helps run the Bitcoine Shoppe at Portsmouth:

“Derrick J asked me to post an update.
Our Bitcoin Machine is safe and sitting in our business. Anypay Vending is registered with FinCEN and follows all applicable laws. We have a thorough Anti Money Laundering Policy that is over 100 pages and two teams of attorneys, NH and Federal.
Both Steven and I have zero criminal record (mine was finally expunged last year). I do not believe this pertains to us, and the FBI was knocking on our door to ask questions. Which we refused.
After 3 hours of knocking, we were left alone. We are directing our attorneys to contact the FBI.”

1 Like

Matthew Roach

· 1d

Above: Window in Keene reportedly pulled out by armored vehicle on 3/16

Liberty activists posts/comments on Facebook regarding what appears to have been the raid at Free Talk Live studios on Leverett St. in Keene:

"Jackie Perry
Matthew Roach
they smashed in the windows?!?!

· 1d

Matthew Roach
Jackie Perry
yanked them out with the bearcat.

· 1d

Jackie Perry
Matthew Roach
did they really bring the bearcat

· 1d

Matthew Roach
Oh God yes. "

They are discussing the broken window image above, which I believe is Matt Roach’s room above Free Talk Live studios.

Update from 3/21: See above post…Matt Roach is now clarifying that all the armored vehicles involved may have been completely Federal, and that KPD may be correct when it says “their” Bearcat was not involved.

1 Like

If you’re wondering why you’re not seeing me reporting on this incident at RidleyReport.com, that’s because my YouTube channel has been silenced, again. this time the accusation was “spam” for posting a podcast with Russell Kanning about NH secession. The channel and its 3,000 or so vids is likely to be removed shortly.

I’m still uploading to RidleyReport and have a podcast recorded about this raid but the uploads are failing to appear in a timely manner; metacafe is comatose, rumble i’m getting 4 hits per vid and have moved on, facebook uploads not very easy to show you here… focusing on pre-youtube information-spreading methods meanwhile.

If Forum.ShireSociety.com goes down, there is now a backup thread on Ron Paul forums where I will plan to post updates:
FBI raids New Hampshire Bitcoin community

FREE TALK LIVE BACKUP FEED DAY 2! #FREEIAN #FREENOBODY - YouTube Free Talk Live March 17 broadcast on a backup channel from studio damaged in raid.

Bitcoin news orgnaizations starting to weigh in

National press also:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new-hampshire/articles/2021-03-16/6-accused-of-running-unlicensed-money-transmitting-business
Something is on NBC as well, but I haven’t seen any other mainstream national articles yet.

NH: FBI Bitcoin raid update recorded by Dave Ridley 3/18/2021…Winchester, NH

1 Like

Local residents arrested in federal virtual-currency probe Shows police tape blocking a road in a residential neighborhood, presumably near Leverett St. in Keene.

“Prosecutors say Freeman committed money laundering by conducting a financial transaction in August 2020 with proceeds he knew were from unlawful activity involving the distribution of controlled substances. The indictment states that Freeman exchanged $19,900 for approximately 1.54 Bitcoin.”

They’re listing Bitcoin as a controlled substance??? I’ve never heard of that before.

Keene Sentinel reports Ian Freeman is in custody at Merrimack County Jail, or at least his attorney Sisti told them that. A detention hearing is scheduled for Friday. Need help spreading the word.

I’ve scheduled a demonstration/protest outside Keene Police Department to protest their collaboration with Washington in this raid. Need help spreading the word,
1:15p Saturday, March 20. Details:

https://www.facebook.com/events/624949948351933/

1 Like

john mcafee was charged Thursday 3-18-21 , along with alleged co conspirator Jimmy Gale Watson Jr. of fraud and money-laundering conspiracy charges:

1 Like

You’re misreading the sentence Dave. They’re saying he knowingly accepted fiat drug money in exchange for BTC. Likely a result of selling to the undercover agent.

1 Like

Hey Dave,

Wouldn’t mind coordinating with you.

jake [dot] leonard [at] heartlandnewsfeed [dot] com

Might as well do my part to help out, since there’s only so much I can do about my Internet radio network, with FTL not live and the LRN stream being down.

1 Like

Thanks all. I’m posting a todo list here: Possible action items related to the FBI Bitcoin raids in New Hampshire

I’ll try to update it to make it more useful.

I’ll try to take a day of rest during Sunday 3/21; would one or more of you be willing to carry out some of the action items listed there?

1 Like