Where is the old forum?

The old forum is retired, so it’s time you move on. It’s not coming back.

2 Likes

I did… But somehow it bounced back to white… Don’t what I’m doing wrong.

Did you press save?

1 Like

well hopefully we can at least agree that this one should not be taken down like the last one was. The last one was superior to this one. and this one is probably superior to what would result from destabilizing everything again with unnecessary changes that interfere with communication.

1 Like

I agree with you Ridley. But yeah try to make this one look and feel and have the same functions as the previous one… Can this be done?

The dark theme is there and it’s easy to implement. Just follow these instructions:

Gotta disagree, Dave. Simple Machines Forum (SMF) is outdated forum tech and Discourse is much better in many ways. The Shire Forum used to be SMF and has had greater participation and higher signups since its upgrade to Discourse a few years ago.

The FTL BBS was not taken down - all the content is still there for archival purposes. Anyone can explore it at bbs.freetalklive.com anytime. It was simply closed to new posts as it was dead.

1 Like

Correlation does not imply causation.

No, me and Dave are right about this. This forum is meek in comparison. And also weird for those of us used to regular forum/web board… I am completely lost here.

You can always start your own forum and show us a better way. Until then, this is all you have. FSP shut theirs down and NHFree appears temporarily closed for an upgrade.

2 Likes

Hah, was actually thinking about it… Then give it to you for free and ask you again humbly to dump this one. :wink:

Nah, better to have competition. I have my plate full, thank you.

2 Likes

But that was what I meant… I’d create it… And pass it over to you.

You don’t need to do anything but to declare “this is the new old forum…”

No thank you. I’m content as-is.

1 Like

if you make one and it is any good at all … some of us will link to it and/or join it

1 Like

it is working for me, but maybe not others

1 Like

I create one and then sell it to Ian and Mark for $1.

they only use crypto

1 Like

Mark also take Western Union.

I hear some people take everything seriously

1 Like

I will pay through WU. I’m going to pay for advertisement and an interview…