NH Free 2023 - Independence drive begins! Exec summary here

Someone posted this… not sure where and not sure who . of course this crappy nwq forum software we never needed in the first place… is insisting on reformatting the thing against my will:

How You Can Help

If people believe independence is possible, then it can happen. Here are some ways you can help spread the word about New Hampshire peacefully declaring independence from the United States. Please do any and all that you can, thank you!

First, brush up on some of the strong reasons NH should be an independent, sovereign nation, as it once was.
If you haven’t already, sign the online petition, then share the link on your favorite social media.
Start a conversation about NH Independence. You have clout amongst people in your sphere — friends, family, and colleagues. Don’t be pushy and don’t belittle. Instead, work to find common ground and to move forward together.
Call local talk radio about why you support independence for NH. Here’s a handy list of talk shows from around NH.
Write a letter to your local newspaper about why you support independence for NH.
Contact your local state representative(s) (click to find yours) and senator (click to find yours) and let them know that you support NH independence and even if they don’t please ask them to support the bill that would allow the people to vote on it.
Host a local event, perhaps screening a video and having a discussion afterwards.
Join the NH Exit forum to connect with the NH independence community, or if you prefer Facebook, you can join the NH Exit group there.
Follow NH Exit on Twitter for updates. There is also a less-active NH Exit Instagram account here.

1 Like

Alu Axelman is requesting we start writing reps now and apparently has written all 400.

So I sent this to my rep here in Winchester, I may send customized versions to some other reps…and the most important reps will be the ones on the relevant committee. I heard it was assigned to Judiciary.

Rep Kilanski:

They say that the best way to separate decent politicians from bad ones is to ambush interview them with a camera on their way to a government meeting. Having done this to you - and many hundreds of others - I can say that few govt. officials have reacted more appropriately and transparently than you do.

But the kind which reacts least​ appropriately, tends to be the kind with the word “Federal” in their job descrip. I should know; one of them had me arrested in ‘07 for leaving an anti-war leaflet in their lobby…while an identical demonstration at the equivalent state bureau merely resulted in pleasant conversation. That contrast in behavior, between you and them….between Imperial and Local, is a disconnect which we in New Hampshire have too-long treated as unchangeable. Or we have tried to stop Washington’s Afghan torture chambers and dictatorial vaccine mandates by playing whack-a-mole against each abuse, one by one, on DC’s terms.

The time has arrived when we must instead peaceably strike at the root of New Hampshire’s troubles: Its membership in the United States of Unaccountable. Toward this end, I ask you to support – and help maintain the wording of – Belmont Rep. Mike Sylvia’s proposed changes to the state Constitution. This “Independence Amendment” would make us a nation of our own…and it is a vote of relative confidence in your system as opposed to the increasingly hostile one which overlords us from Washington.

If you’d like to question some of us who requested this legislation: Here’s the how/when/where:

https://forum.shiresociety.com/t/e-town-hall-meetings-sundays-1-00p-unmoderated-nh-independence-debate-foes-invited-what-could-possibly-go-wrong/12867/4

Best,

Dave Ridley
(addie, number)

2 Likes

That’s a great letter, Dave.

ty hs ! Sent today to that state rep who apparently submitted NH legislation related to Calexit:

"Rep. Belanger: As a sometime guest on Marcus Evans’ Calexit “talk show,” I wanted to thank you for legislatively supporting California’s right to self-determination. I hope you will see your way clear to doing the same for New Hampshire’s right to independence when it hopefully comes before the full legislature this year. We don’t need to be ruled by any more Trumps or Bidens, and it any case you may have seen the recent Union Leader poll indicating 71 percent support for the right to vote on leaving the malfunctioning U.S.

Most of what you need to know about the NH independence drive is at forum.ShireSociety.com … consider yourself invited.

Dave Ridley
Winchester"

Sent this to a free stater Democrat rep who went authoritarian but whose campaign I waved sign for previous to that:

"Msg. for Amanda Bouldin: The NH Independence Amendment

Hi Amanda. The last time I saw you, I think I hugged you. Since then I’ve heard many things about your voting record which have broken my heart, but I hope that you are at least still friendly to the idea that New Hampshire should never be ruled by another Donald Trump for as long as the word spins. We can best accomplish this by not being part of the Federal system and its literal million-page list of Forbidden Acts. Failing that, merely trying can have an ameliorative effect on central government abuses.

This is a request for your support as real independence legislation is expected to come before the State House this year. It’s time for us to stop being governed by the Feds, who ran a torture chamber at their air base in Afghanistan and recently shut down 4 square blocks of residential Keene just so they could SWAT team a pro-independence talk show. Historical patterns indicate they will be doing much worse things soon enough; pressure for independence will become mainstream, and as you may know the recent unscientific Union Leader showed 71 percent support for a chance to vote on leaving the malfunctioning U.S.

Best,

Dave Ridley
Winchester

1 Like

9/28 got on air WKBK-AM keene to talk about ReopenNH.com protest against exec council taking some fed money… host asked me for update on the Independence Amendment.

Dave, you have a remarkable talent for combining a personal / warm / friendly tone in your letters with strong encouragement for the recipient to Do the Right Thing, sometimes (often?) to Do Better!
Well done!

3 Likes

ty hs. Sent customized versions of this to variouis reps seeking co sponsoers on the NH independence amendment… Can you do the same… NOW? when is the deadline for them to co - sponsor? I heard oct 7

"Mark, I must apologize for asking twice…but as expected, NH Independence has apparently become much more of a mainstream issue since my last email to you on the subject. Have you requested to be added as a co-sponsor on the NH Independence Amendment and if not, would you consider doing so before the deadline that I understand is coming up very soon? Last I checked it had 3 sponsors and 71 percent support in the unscientific front page poll on UnionLeader.com. That’s up from 40 percent in 2016.

I believe this is the final (apparently awesome) wording generated by OSL unless Mike Sylvia sends it back to them:

You can reach prime sponsor at (redacted) and Matt is one of the co-sponsors : (redacted)

Thanks for the neck-outsticking you’ve already done on so many other issues… but this week is your chance to make history and peaceably strike the root of our problems. The situation with DC will likely have deteriorated much further by the time this comes up for vote, and many “unthinkable” things will suddenly become both popular and urgently needed.

Dave

1 Like

The sign-off date for the LSR is Thursday, October 7.

This from Mike Sylvia on the Eighth meeting recording.

1 Like

http://nhexit.org/?q=node/27

my latest update grabbing whatever comes across my feeds

some has already been posted on this forum

bump…posted latest key data inside the original post

1 Like

One observation is that we are going to need to mobilize more people or this will get undermined, without much political risk, in committee. I am really bad at that, asking people to do stuff as volunteers… it never seems to work very well. Maybe it requires too much patience. but maybe i will do some out reach along these lines… is there a good list of action items somewhere? Maybe one that i have written and forgotten? Lol

Wait , yes there is! Here u go:

2 Likes

Updated exec summary original post above, 12/28

1 Like

My email exchange with a refreshingly responsive anti-Independence rep on the committee that will be hearing the bill.

Rep: Deshaies: According to LibertyBlock.com you said this:

" federal officials with the backing of the US military, the most well-funded and prepared military in the world, would never allow NH to secede."
Is that true? What actions exactly would you support in stopping the people from voting on independence? Also is it true that you have refused a challenge-to-debate from Alu Axelman?

Dave Ridley
NHexit.com - “Independence without enmity”
Winchester

Dave:

I only stated a fact. The federal government established a precedence in 1861 that it would forcibly prevent state’s from unilaterally seceding.

There is no constitutional process for mutual or unilateral secession, and therefore, it is unconstitutional. I explain the constitutional arguments against secession in my letter. State lawmakers cannot illegally enable voters to vote on secession. If voters even approved the amendment (which they wouldn’t), then state lawmakers still wouldn’t be allowed to fulfill the vote’s motive. It would violate Section III of the 14th Amendment.

State and Federal lawmakers swear an oath to uphold the NH and US Constitutions. An overwhelming number of lawmakers in both parties will be voting against illegal secession. They will be upholding their oaths.

I understand this does not bode well for your political movement. However, we live in a Republic with rules, laws, precedents. State lawmakers will not be throwing away our Constitutions for your political movement.

Have a Happy and Secession Free 2022.

Best,
Brodie Deshaies
State Representative
Wolfeboro, NH

On Dec 31, 2021, at 3:12 PM, Dave Ridley wrote:

Thank you Brodie for engaging with my questions as opposed to just ignoring them. Slovenija and Estonia were supposedly forbidden from independence as well; now they have it…because like us they had central governments which went too far. Someday we will have independence too… or the Feds can always prevent it by making sure they do not further provoke the people. Are you sure you are with them, their vaccine mandates and Afghanistan torture chambers…rather than us?

Re: Rep Deshaies did you really issue these quasi-threats over NH Independence?
Brodie Deshaies
Fri 12/31/2021 10:09 PM
Sorry, Dave. The US Constitution is established upon a more perfect Union. Breaking apart the Union would undermine the US Constitution. I’ll stick with what we got and work within Constitutional government to return rights to the people rather than live in anarchy. Again, all my best and enjoy the New Year!

On Dec 31, 2021, at 9:48 PM, Dave Ridley < wrote:

1 Like

we live under a Chaos System
any steps to a peaceful anarchy would be so much better

does this person think the US government is the only country that is never going to change or end?

1 Like

Added to original post: " Jan 20, 2022: Initial coverage from the demonstration/hearing, turnout appears to have been at least 50, requiring two hearing rooms. Both were packed. Testimony appears to have been overwhelmingly in favor of the Independence Amendment:: "NH Independence demonstration scheduled Jan 20 Concord. Precedes House hearing on "Exit Referendum" - #13 by RidleyReport2 "

https://forum.shiresociety.com/t/state-rep-says-he-has-the-votes-to-make-cacr-32-into-a-ban-on-nh-independence/13075/2

1 Like

Update for @RidleyReport2 , we handed out 65 five Goldbacks to those attending the hearing, so we still have another 35 to give away. We may just do a man-on-the street thing at some point.

1 Like

Good thank you, adding it to my “call talk radio about” list.
Meanwhile this was amusing on twitter:

" VOTING RIGHTS NOW. Woman golfingMotor scooterAirplaneAerial tramwaySteam locomotive
@tousjoursmax53
·
22h
But what really annoys me is the fact that the people of NH don’t want this. Aren’t they OUR representatives?

Jeff NH
@Reardon_Steel
·
21h
All this bill does is let people vote… And an account titled “voting rights” opposes it "

A schoolkid sent a note to Rep. Santonastaso supporting independence in principle but asking how it would affect travel. Here is my response:

You asked if New Hampshire became independent…would your grandma be able to travel here without a covid vaccine? This would be something which the New Hampshire government would try to decide, much as it does now. Currently it does not impose any Covid travel restrictions I’m aware of…at least not on people traveling from other parts of the U.S. So that policy would probably continue. The only restrictions on her would probably come from the government where she lives. If she lives in the U.S., the U.S. might restrict her. If she lives in an authoritarian American region like New York State, then New York State might restrict her too. This is a possibility regardless of whether we become our own nation. Also, bear in mind what will really happen this year is probably a discussion and a vote in the state house, where they will decide not to let the rest of us vote on Independence. But the idea will take root, it will become more mainstream, and the government will have to choose between being nicer to us… or facing more “New Hampshire Independence.”

1 Like

I have been surprised when people hear the idea or NHexit and think they are not prepared since it will happen right away like this year.
If only it was that fast.

http://nhexit.org/?q=node/36

my update … lots of links from this forum via Ridley