howdy

I am 41 from tx. unemployed white single man and live on 70 acre cattle farm

i came here cause i have been listening to the program for yrs on and of.

i listen on ktfs on saturday nites

i could use some help with a bit coin problem. I locked my keys in my laptop.lol

Welcome!

Who is your favorite host and why do you hate Ian?

3 Likes

well ian is fast and well spoken but i did very much enjoy the show on aliens a few weeks back. also i can see how such topic gets out of control

let’s be honest the open bathroom door allows yall to mend together well. it is as if yall are all really close and of same mind

the show really flows regardless

well thanks for the welcome
i m lovin the show lately
i have been over at ats for a while and am tired of the phonetical games so i thought i would come hang out with some reason minded people.

that and i think you guys may be just the ones to answer some coin questions sometime

here is my coin problem. I bought bitcoin around 2010 from a man and woman that was taking orders then turning them into a bigger site.I think i may have found them through an old satellite card site i used. I have lost all info i had including my keys and the site. in 2013 i logged in last and i was told that since i got in so early i could have one computer that would browser mine. and i gave them the info from the laptop i have now.
My other laptop was stolen with all my info so now i am left with this computer that i believe is currently mining as we speak. i think the program may be called apple but i am not sure. I keep hearing sounds of poker chips falling during the day when using online. I have made sure it is no other program making the poker chip stack sound. I believe that with your knowledge you may recognize one or two things i have said here. I am indeed grateful for your time if you are reading this and i am wondering the best way to retrieve my info from this laptop. have a good day

So you think you have bitcoin on your laptop but you aren’t sure? I’m not real clear.

Nope, that made very little sense to me.

Welcome to the New Hampshire, from a guy that lives in Vermont. I guess Mark’s in the doghouse.

yes
there is a browser mining program on my laptop that i have lost access to.

i bought coins in like 08 or 09…

lost all info such as website and key

have searched for wallet.dat and such with no luck

yea sorry for the large text wall

i bought coins in the begining and laptop was stolen with all my info on it

including website and the key

thanks for the welcome

So what direction would you guys suggest i should go to learn more about how to find the info i lost?

Is the info recoverable if it is running on my computer?

You should probably find someone in real life you can hire to look over your machine. Doesn’t sound good.

1 Like

Look to see if there is a local crypto meetup group.

yes thanks much i will do that

i thought one of you might know what bitcoin company i was using since i bought them so early on and had to use a drivers license when purchased.

I remember they had a great little online commercial they used featuring “satoshi” and they were selling in $100 increments and required id to buy. it was when bitcoin started selling

I think i remember instead of a key they used a webpage for each user that had the key stored in the unique page

anyhow if none of this rings a bell then i will find a way to get the info somehow.

keep on rockin the freedom

It rings a bell, in that online wallets exist. If you used a web service and transferred money from a traditional bank, then I’d check the bank records if you can’t remember the name. If they exist you should be able to access it through some process. There is a chance the service you used didn’t survive (ie was hacked etc).

Good luck.

1 Like

Try Circle.com, Blockchain.info, CoinBase.com, BitPay.com, BitStamp.com, MtGox.com

And yeah, check your bank or credit card statements. You might have to pay for a copy that far back.

yes the company survived as i checked the account in 2013

i will have the bank records soon but even then the company was not formed yet and the payment was to a man and woman of which hopefully are well and fine these days

i really do thank you for all the help

also is the part of the blockchain that notes can be put in able to be cleaned or are all copies of it corrupted with those pedo links and susceptible to gov. seizure???

I was trying to be optimistic. Honestly, sounds very scammy. Good luck tho.

1 Like