howdy

the scam was letting my hard drive get stolen

what is the name of the couple that were like the creators of bitcoin?

i have heard them mentioned on the show when discussing the history of bit coin.

if i remember right they came to keen and were part of the orgins when ian and the guys were pushing for the chain to get bigger.

well i can find it in the archives likely

i am pretty certain that is who i bought from

i am getting my bank records tomorrow

thanks patrick and have a great day

The creator of bitcoin is anonymous.

1 Like

yep
that is why i always put ā€œsatoshiā€ in quotes

i will say that the whole setup is very similar to some other programs that were very popular around 2000ā€¦ i am sure you know this. so i would say that there was no real creator just someone adapting a program that was being used for one thing into bitcoin. There are some powerful companies out there that could try to make the case for intellectual property rights. they would likely fail. it is really just a bunch of automated timing responses

I found the name of the program running on my machineā€¦ROYALTY

I tracked down the purchase made in 2009 to a company called varimiā€¦lol

they sold facial products to raise coin funds got sued and then went dark

operating somewhere in floridaā€¦

this is like a real time thriller

1 Like

So does anyone know how to track down a bitcoin address to a provider?

I found my bitcoin address but still have no idea of the wallet provider.

I couldnā€™t immediately wrap my mind around the situation.

If you have any of your receive addresses, you can look them up in a blockchain explorer (example) and that maybe could possibly provide some leads - but itā€™s a long shot. Youā€™d also know if there have been any new transactionsā€¦

The moral of the story: donā€™t trust online sites! Run your own full Bitcoin / AltCoin nodes and keep all your coins there.

You can still run a full portable Bitcoin node with full blockchain from an encrypted 256GB (quarter TB) USB drive, but a 1TB USB drive only costs about $50 and would leave plenty of room for growth and for alt-coins. It is ideal to keep several copies of such drives, all encrypted. One can be your active copy that you use to catch up with the blockchain and make payments, and others can be clones you synchronize once a month and store in different locations: your fireproof safe, your car, your office, bank boxes, etc.

You can even make it a bootable USB drive running Linux, so you can use it from any computer and nothing on your main OS installation can maliciously read the wallet and steal your coins. (Although hardware-level hacks are still theoretically possible.) Shut down your computer, attach the USB drives, boot into Linux, type in the LVM password, catch up with the blockchain, rsync to your other USB drives, detach USB drives, and boot back into your main OS.

Dude your awesome.

Instead i have contacted the correct site and they are now tracking things down. I got in early and got a bunch of free coins but i never checked in on them until i tried a year or so ago. Sounds pretty far fetched but i actually tracked down my address via the top 500 coins account list. Like you said i went to block chain explorer and contacted the sites that showed to have activity with my address. Those larger companies have some fancy software that can do much on the matter from what i have researched so it is now between them and the police.

Hopefully soon i will get my account restored.

On a side note i like to predict the price and i see the recent rise in price slowly descending over the next month or so about 10$ a day.