FTL Discussion 2018 Week 4

We all have to choose what hill to die on. I’ve died on a few, but chosen carefully.

1 Like

So…Any person with power will be equally corrupted… That’s why the power is spread out in the government.

If the central government is removed, local warlords will rise up to replace them.
Personally, I’d rather have a fairly weak central government over a very strong local warlord.

I, admittedly, made some poor choices.
But…My point still stands… These decisions were made with my own interpretation of anarchy, etc.
Nobody can think out every possible outcome of every possible situation.

Right now, I feel that my best choices will lead to a comprise between being an anarchist and supporting government.
We can argue about this forever, but right now, we are pretty much just talking past each other.

Perhaps. But at least the facade of legitimacy has been removed.

1 Like

There is no compromise here. You’re a statist or not.

Only authoritarians use absolutes.
Compromise is how humans get along peacefully.

That is some twisted logic there. Authoritarians use force. Those with principles use absolutes.

Compromise rarely works with a bully. Government at all levels is the biggest bully.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you have no idea what an authoritarian is. Maybe this relates to your statism problem.

Methinks you are looking for enemies where there aren’t any.

Principles are useless without realistic application.

Besides, it’s not possible to hold to one’s principles 100%.
For example, I live in NH. Our State Motto (Principle) is “Live Free or Die”.
Obviously, we are not free, so, to properly follow our principle, we all need to attempt to overthrow the government (probably dying in the process) or just commit mass suicide.

Personally, I’m not ready to die yet, so I’m going to have to compromise on that a bit and work on realistic ways to attain more freedom.

Statism is the enemy, and I noticed that you manicured away the reference to your twisted claim of authoritarianism, which you were called on by two separate people.

I’m just playing the same “argument games” that you two are playing… focus on what I want to communicate and ignore things that distract from my point
No matter, you are determined to “win”, so
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
A WINNER IS YOU!!!

Life is calmer when you’re not always at war.

1 Like

LMFAO at the stupidity!

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking.

1 Like

It’s OK, they don’t understand right now.

Its not possible, if you get your principles from State license plates… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s okay. Statists don’t understand what principles are. They never had any.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

lol

Violence. That’s what statists do.