FTL Discussion 2018 Week 4

I get it, the partner thing is a personal sore spot for most.

I feel like I’ve failed to communicate my thoughts well enough to be understood and I am sorry for that.
My point all along has been to show the limitations of principles, in so much as they are impractical to implement.
A principle that cannot be implemented is little more than a fantasy.

The religious belief that you can put good people in power of government and have a just and fair government is a fantasy.

1 Like

It is also a fantasy to believe that the general population is currently responsible enough to exist without a government when they are so easily manipulated/brainwashed by psychopaths.

Another fantasy is that you’re going to send them to “libertarian reeducation camp” to change their social structure and beliefs. Or that you’re going to change everything by getting the State out of education.

This is a lot more complicated of a situation than there just being someone officially in charge.

Step outside of your head and look at the big picture and the true state of humanity, not everyone is as smart or principled as you. Nor do they necessarily want to be.

1 Like

That is why in addition to changing hearts and minds you should work towards making yourself independent of the state and its institutions. Maybe I can get a berth on Ernie’s pirate air ship so we can give these landlocked statist’s the big middle finger.

So my choices are fuck the irresponsible population or fuck the victims of the State. Guess what?

1 Like

That’s quite a Trolley Problem.

1 Like

Who gets fucked if you don’t make a choice?

Everyone that went to see the M. Night Shyamalan movie in the future when he uses that as a plot twist.

The victims of the State as the State is the current state of affairs.

This is definitely a cosmically funny existence.

“Partner thing?”