Bitcoin Cash Giveaway Thread

Because any other advice would be financially unsound? I’m not an investor and don’t know what I’m doing.

Glad we could help.

3 Likes

Just sent out $34 more in BCH to the addresses up until this post. That’s a total of $75 in BCH sent so far.

2 Likes

1FkaXgJ2ojUZTML9u3wvQkvtbV4NBb3gds

Thank you!

1L7iVaRysv8yEVJZdyWyyE44ijzNf1LM4Z

Thanks.
-August

1FkaXgJ2ojUZTML9u3wvQkvtbV4NBb3gds

Thanks Ian! That dollar is going to be included in my next donation to antiwar.com.

Even though Ian is most likely smarter than 85% of most financial advisers, he’s still probably not allowed to give out financial advice.

1 Like

John Stossel, Richard Wiseman, and others have done experiments where they look at advice from financial advisers and see how well they do. John Stossel threw darts at the WSJ, and his darts gave better advice. Wiseman used an astrologer and a 5-year-old girl. The astrologer beat the financial adviser, and the girl beat them both!

4 Likes

Fair point,
But what Libertarian’s and anarcist’s don’t get yet, if it’s not utilitarian it just won’t work. I want it (BCH?) solely for symbolic reasons, and to give to charities I want to support, but BCCore seems to be standing in the way, I’m not going to risk anything with market fees as currently structured, maybe they’re half what I send to a charity I want to send to, I have looked for brokers that would get me a modest amount, >1700 USD so far came up empty at the (albeit low) price points im looking for. BCH must become more easily accessible to the public, or f**k it. Rodger and Ian like it for now, but what about those who just want a useable currency?john PS thanks for the BCH Rodger, or Ian, don’t get too pissed off, I appreciate your efforts on this front…john

Yes, and Bitcoin Cash is becoming more publicly accessible every day, starting with fees being realistic, being on more exchanges, and a cavalcade of businesses who were waiting for 2x defecting to Bitcoin Cash. That’s because it works. It is a practical value too.

Bitcoin cash has been around for about four months. Bitcoin’s got a big head start.

I didn’t realize that the Copay wallet (which supports BTC and BCH) uses a different address for each type. I accidentally posted the address from the BTC wallet up above, but somehow the BCH wallet now has .001528 BCH in it. So thumbs up to Copay for sorting this out for a crypto noob like me and THANKS to Ian and Roger for the gifts!

1 Like

Thank you Ian for the Bitcoin cash!!!

Just a quick question… I received $1.00 USD in BCH but not the other $1.00 that was promised. Please don’t think I’m complaining; I’m just wondering if I got missed by either Roger or Ian. Or perhaps is Roger waiting for all 100 people to sign up first?

Doesn’t appear Roger has logged in since 11/11. I’ll ping him.

1 Like

I got both transactions, but that may have been before you came to the thread.

I’m guessing it should have shown up by now? My wallet isn’t showing anything. Kinda the reason I wanted to do this anyways was to see if I could even successfully use my wallet. Suppose I fail.

We definitely sent the BCH to the address you provided. You can see it here.

Oh I don’t doubt you sent it. Purely doubting my competence. Does the bitcoin.com wallet change addresses each time you request? Or is the a way to differentiate the address type? I mean the bch wallet changed colors from yellow to green, but it still shows as 0.00. I have a feeling it has something to do with address generation. It’s something I need to figure out before trying any sizeable acquisition.

I want my $2!!!

2 Likes