Will you "Sponsor a Mile" in my first marathon?

I’m running my first Marathon on December 9 in the northern Maine town of Millinocket. The marathon was started in 2015 to help a struggling Maine mill town that has been devastated by the closing of their major employer. In 2015 the Millinocket Marathon had 44 participants, that number grew to 112 people running the full marathon in 2016 and 433 running the half-marathon. This year more than 2400 people have registered to run either the half or full marathon, the purpose of which is again to help the people of this struggling town.
The race organizers have said, “Do not run Millinocket for what you get instead RUN MILLINOCKET for what you GIVE. Please do not take spots in our race unless you are serious about doing your very best to show up (of course we know life happens) but please don’t register just because our race is FREE. All participants are required to generously patronize Katahdin area businesses in lieu of an entry fee.”
Many thanks to everyone who contributed; I have exceeded my goal of $500 through donations via Crowdrise, fb fundraiser & directly through the Library’s website!

I was able to bring in close to $600 for the Millinocket Memorial Library; I met some amazing people, and then on Saturday I ran my first official marathon, finishing in 4:33:21!
It was an amazing experience, and I give a preview & review in episode 502 of Peace, Love, Liberty Radio

2 Likes

Wow super proud Darryl! Dude keep inspiring others!

1 Like

Thanks!!!

PS
My big goal for 2018 is to run the NYC Marathon!

1 Like