Why liberty activists need to start "breaking windows"

The broken window theory stems from an article written in 1982 by criminologists James Q. Wilson and George Kelling. Their theory states that signs of disorder will lead to more disorder. A building with a broken window that has been left unrepaired will give the appearance that no one cares and no one is in charge. Consider a building with a few broken windows. If the windows are not repaired, the tendency is for vandals to break a few more windows.

So I am saying use that broken window thing in reverse, when people see liberty activism tendency should be for more people to do liberty activism. So many people do not like the system but since there is no sign of it in the world they think they are part of a small minority. They are not.

It would be funny to see people write “Property Tax Extortion” under stop signs and stuff like that. I put up a property tax protest sign years ago and one thing I got out of it was a laugh every time I passed it the way to work knowing 1000s of people a day were seeing it. NYS was property tax hell.

2 Likes

This guy took out Mario Cuomo father of that sack of shit Andrew Cuomo governor of NY with signs and bumper stickers back in the 80s with his get out of NY campaign. I remember this it was funny as hell the sign trucks and radio ads. That memory inspired this thread.

THE BATTLE OF THE OAK BEACH INN https://www.nytimes.com/1983/06/14/nyregion/the-battle-of-the-oak-beach-inn.html

1 Like

It was the 90s. Thought I was much older when this went on.

I remember the radio ads “they sit in their leather chairs at mahogany desks” the radio ad said describing the sacks of shit running NY.

This one dude really screwed them up.

"It began with a truck, a van and a hearse, rolling down the Long Island Expressway, bearing prophesies of doom for the slaves of 9 to 5: "Move Out of New York State, Before It’s Too Late."
Soon after, red banners with the same exhortation appeared on overpasses in Long Island and Queens: the Van Wyck, Long Island and Clearview expressways, the Northern and Southern State and Grand Central parkways. They would go up at night, salvos in a game of dialectical guerrilla warfare, and make it through morning rush hour before being torn down by the authorities.

1 Like

It can be inspirational.
Samm

interesting idea fnys… i’ve been meaning to print some stuff out and start putting it up in appropriate places again like i used to. Maybe you’ve pushed me over the edge and into doing it…

1 Like