Whoa, Scott in Mass just called to apologize

Hope that call makes it into the highlights.

1 Like

I want to keep this going… I have heard him on Clyde Lewis (and Clyde freaked out on him, banned him the last time), and I know he’s gotten through on Rush. I wish I could have heard it.

1 Like

He only apologized for making anti-semitic comments, not any of the other bigotry.

Being a “self hating jew” doesn’t mean you hate yourself. It means you are jewish and have some type of criticism of jews.

@FTL_Ian I am so glad to hear this. This is why I am glad you allow some of these less tasteful callers time on the air. The only way a person with deep rooted hatred like his can eventually overcome it is to expose those beliefs and have them challenged. You give some of these people an opportunity to look in a mirror and see their broken belief system for what it is. I hope he comes to terms with all his hatred and sheds it for good.

Awesome stuff.

4 Likes

@Jake what you said was so perfect! It was so beautifully said

1 Like

@ALaLoca thank you. It is hard to get people to understand this process. Statists want to use the government to create laws which they think will to do away with hateful beliefs. In short, that just doesn’t work. All laws against these types of things do is hide the hatred and really root it deeper into someone’s personality. If you want to cure someone of any kind of hatred you need to let the sun shine on that cancer and let learning do the rest. It isn’t going to work for everyone, but it is a far better remedy to hate than just telling people they can’t speak their broken mind.

The world is full of Scotts who need healing, not hiding or silencing.

3 Likes

I wish we could make that into plaque, wallpaper, or shirt lol

I just heard the actual call and discussion listening to the podcast today. That was a powerful segment. @FTL_Ian I really respect how you handled the call and I could sense you really feel for Scott and the pain he probably deals with. Very sad how he chose to vent it. I hope he calls again and I wish him the best.

Take care, Scott!

1 Like

Yeah, Scotts call caught me off guard while listening to the podcast today. Idk if it’s because I’ve been listening for a long time or because of my empathy, but it hit the feels hard. Anybody is capable of change, and I hope he finds peace with himself.

Also, THIS. Very well handled imo. You are a good person @FTL_Ian

He only specified anti-semitic comments. He did admit he said “bigoted” and “rotten” things, and admitted that he was guilty of selfishness. He seemed genuinely remorseful for all of it even if he didn’t specifically refer to every point. Lot to ask or expect that of him given his emotional state at the time.

It was good of him to call in and apologize. Very well handled by Ian, very professional.

1 Like

It took took a lot of balls for him to do that. I hope he changes his ways and has a better life in the future.

1 Like

Wishing him the best and hoping he has turned a page in his life and also hope he calls again if/when he gets to London.