Who is voting on Tuesday

Any predictions?who do you like? I think the GOP is going to pick Eddie Edwards. But I’m north of Concord so I have a limited view of what’s happening south of here.

I’m voting:

of course! i sent in my absentee ballot 10 days ago…

I looked at the liberty ballot, recognized a few names, basically chose them.

For primaries the democrats in Manch’ have it locked down in my ward, the libertarians are non-existent, so primary voting in this situation for me is about picking the most liberty minded republicans to push our ideas thru

word on the street is that the democratic party flipped an of ours ally amongst them, an elected rep that was libertarian-leaning, and now she’s spilling the beans about a PAC or two, and naming names in the freestate project. Of course most independent voters could care less, or even mildly approve of the freedom movement… but for the dem’s it’s part of their whole shtick, ya know? talking points, especially cause naturalized israeli and russian immigrants are active in manchester liberty circles and the democratss can’t stop going on about russia this and russia that!

it might be a blue wave, which means less libertarian. ugh.
what’s the situation up north?

If there are beans to be spilled and names to be named about what you’re doing, then maybe you shouldn’t be doing it

Well seeing is what we’re doing is flooding New Hampshire with Libertarians… in creating social networks and communities… That’s bound to upset certain partisans especially because New Hampshire is one of the last libertarian-leaning New England states.

The problem is that there is an electoral side to the free state project and there are some hardcore statists who are more than happy to hone in on exact names and persons to keep anybody remotely connected to us from getting elected.

Is politics. Is ugly.

1 Like

What party is Ian Freeman running under or with?

Libertarian

1 Like

aha cool

At what point do you become part of the people calling themselves government?

Is it when you vote or register to vote?

Is it when you run for office?

Is it when you get elected or hired by the government?

When does this transformation happen?

I believe when you register to vote you become part of the people calling themselves the government.

2 Likes

well they want you to vote so…

You cant win the game unless you play. I think the vast amount of liberty minded individuals in our state house are starting to drive a freer society. Are we where we want to be? Not yet, but we at least moving in that direction. Unlike Maine with its sales tax and income taxes, and 5 cent bottle redemption.

2 Likes

When you vote you both become part of the popular branch of government, and your role is then to vote for those whom you want in the legislative, often executive, and sometimes judicial branches in order that they can carry out your will while protecting the rights of the people both individually and a whole.

It’s called indirect representation for a reason. It’s a compromise. It’s a balancing act.

Study EOS, the Delegated Proof-of-Stake system… you vote and delegate your shares to block producers… that’s analogous to government.

Now I’m all for increasing the power of the popular branch to check legislative and judicial excesses via referenda, especially for enforcing a balanced budget and any law that would significantly restrict the liberty of individuals.

Voter recall of politicians… also, executive and regulatory agency heads should be subject to voter recall and possibly confirmation… chiefs of police need to go in favor of elected sheriffs, etc.

Those are just my views however, I’m not an anarchist, I’m a small L libertarian who believes that the three branch system of government kept in check by referenda and mass enfranchisement and a bill of rights is the best compromise.