What I Saw at the Straight Pride Parade

Originally published at: https://freekeene.com/2019/09/01/what-i-saw-at-the-straight-pride-parade/

When I heard the first ever Straight Pride Parade was happening just an hour from my house, I knew I had to go. I brought along my video camera and a microphone with the goal of conducting as many interviews with interesting people as possible. No gotchas, just straight questions: “What brought you out today,” and “What do you think of the event?”

While I am pouring through yesterday’s footage, I came across 4 minutes of particularly defining footage. A man walking down the sidewalk gets blocked by a woman, and then a group of people, and prevented from moving. He yells for help but his calls are unanswered. The masked thugs revel in their positions of power and his vulnerability. They have deemed him the enemy. Why? That is unclear. But they have him. And they are going to project all their anger and hatred onto him. He smiles. He does not relent.

Here is a playlist containing all of my raw footage from the entire day. You can feel as if you were there yourself!

1 Like

have you seen my series about the westboro baptist church protest… where I experienced that the anti-homophobe group seemed even more disturbing than the homophobe group…which is saying a lot, but partly had to do with the fact that there were more anti-homophobes… the larger the group the more you’ll find to criticize in it. .

it’s at ridleyreport.com if you scroll back to october 2019