VIDEO: Police Threaten Peaceful Protestors at NH Governor's House with Arrest for Chanting & Speaking

Originally published at: https://freekeene.com/2020/12/24/video-police-threaten-peaceful-protestors-at-nh-governors-house-with-arrest-for-chanting-speaking/

After multiple weeks of peaceful protests outside the home of the NH governor, “HIS EXCELLENCY”, Chris Sununu, the number of state police suddenly more than tripled. Unfortunately, the number of protestors was also down from around one hundred to a couple dozen. Likely due to the numbers, the predatory uniformed agents pounced. Video here:

Though previous protests were louder and larger, it was this one where they openly threatened anyone with arrest. First, they targeted Sununu’s 2020 primary opponent, Nobody, with a threat of a “disorderly conduct” arrest for speaking through a PA system. The cops claimed a neighbor complained about the noise and so they say NH RSA 644:2 III applies.

Since only Nobody was threatened with arrest, other speakers continued to use the PA system. None of the subsequent speakers were threatened. However, after most of the group participated in a relatively quiet chant of “Live Free or Die! We will not comply!”, several of the armed goons came and threatened the entire group with “disorderly conduct” specifically for the chanting, again claiming a neighbor complained.

While the state agents might have a case regarding the amplified sound, they would probably have a tougher time convicting an entire group of peaceful protestors for simply joining their voices together in the one place they can reach the “governor” with his office, the State House, completely closed “due to COVID”.

That said, no one felt like getting arrested this time and putting the police’s case to the test. Rumor now has it the town of Newfields, where Sununu resides, is considering a ban on residential picketing. Stay tuned here to Free Keene for the latest.

After this protest, we made a second stop to see if the NH Attorney General, Gordon MacDonald, was home and sang some “Chronic Carols“. Video to come!

1 Like

the term peaceful protesters is a little overused lol. i even heard Radovan Karadic use it once. Nevertheless I will watch and probably report anything interesting to local talk radio.

1 Like

“peaceful protesters”
You need to burn down a few buildings* before you get that badge of honor. THEN the goons will leave you alone.

*mom and pop/minority owned shops only

1 Like

Yea, I’d actually be more inclined to see people burning gov buildings down than targeting agents of the state for execution. I think one could be less violent than the other while accomplishing the same objectives. Not that I’m advocating for either, but… if you are going to do something its probably best to minimize the damage that can’t be undone.

Unrelated to burning buildings down I’d love to see an arrest of new blood on winnable charges. It’s that consistent stream of resistance that we need and show of force that says “no more”. You alone can’t fight every act of tyranny, but together if each one fights it, then it becomes harder to keep up. I think we’ve seen that in Keene. They’re more picky about the battles cause they know we will fight them on it and it’s more or less a waste of time (for them anyway). They don’t want to have to do the paperwork either so they tread more carefully.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

That is pretty funny and probably true scm.