Vegan meat

some youtubers made sarahs dream burger, the impossible burger (or rather a close impersonation of one). they used coconut oil as the fat in it.

“Vegan meat” is an oxymoron. Veganism is a religion, not a diet that is ideal for anyone’s health. (I am an ex-vegan.)

People should eat more fish. It more closely resembles where human beings evolved to get their protein and fat. Farmed land animals have too little omega-3 fats and too many added hormones and preservatives.

Ocean farming (i.e. seasteading) is the future. Problems like mercury are vastly overblown and can be solved through fish-farm water filtration technology.

Replace your plant-slime voodoo-burger with a nice big local agorist greenhouse salad, some unprocessed low-glycemic grains like buckwheat, and sashimi - that’s as healthy as human food can get.

The impossible burger isn’t for vegans, it’s for meat eaters who wish they were vegan.

I’ve been vegan for 25 years, and have no interest in it.

You should just eat bugs. Probably the most economical and healthy. You just need to get over eating bugs.

I have standards, so I can’t do that.

1 Like

Y u no eat fish?

I didn’t like fish or seafood even when I ate meat. I also don’t like to eat seaweed. Something about that ocean smell.

But yeah, probably really healthy.

Why do you think we evolved to get our protein and fat from fish? I would be interested in your take on this presentation by Brenda Davis: https://vimeo.com/123268077

It doesn’t make sense to me that humans would have gotten their fat and protein from animals, since dead animals don’t last long. Whereas rice, beans, and grains last for months. They are also a lot less expensive than fish. It would seem to me that our ancestors must have been pretty stupid to rely on fish instead of starchy foods to get their fat and protein. Especially since my understanding is that we need very little fat, that we can get from all the plants we eat, and also plants provide all the essential amino acids in the protein that we need.

Also, per this article, our daily requirements for fat are just 1% of our calories: http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/fats/how-the-body-uses-fat.html

Lastly, from what I understand, there are only 8 essential amino acids and we get them all easily from plants (legumes, vegetables, fruit, and grains). https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/01.cir.0000018905.97677.1f As such, I don’t see why our ancestors would have needed fish for protein needs.

Have you looked at this study (A Comparison of Primitive and Modern Diets
and Their Effects) by Weston Price, you can read for free here http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html

About:

An epic study demonstrating the importance of whole food nutrition, and the degeneration and destruction that comes from a diet of processed foods.

“For nearly 10 years, Weston Price and his wife traveled around the world in search of the secret to health. Instead of looking at people afflicted with disease symptoms, this highly-respected dentist and dental researcher chose to focus on healthy individuals, and challenged himself to understand how they achieved such amazing health. Dr. Price traveled to hundreds of cities in a total of 14 different countries in his search to find healthy people. He investigated some of the most remote areas in the world. He observed perfect dental arches, minimal tooth decay, high immunity to tuberculosis and overall excellent health in those groups of people who ate their indigenous foods. He found when these people were introduced to modernized foods, such as white flour, white sugar, refined vegetable oils and canned goods, signs of degeneration quickly became quite evident. Dental caries, deformed jaw structures, crooked teeth, arthritis and a low immunity to tuberculosis became rampant amongst them. Dr. Price documented this ancestral wisdom including hundreds of photos in his book, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration.”

Great info IMHO…

Rodney

1 Like

There’s pretty much overwhelming evidence, as far as I understand it, about the harmfulness of refined sugar on teeth. I would rather eat it though, and just swish some water in my mouth along with brushing my teeth and using mouthwash.

Don’t buy any food with more than one ingredient. And every ingredient should have glycemic index below 50.

As a crazy tax resister who lives in the woods, I cook a lot of one-pot meals, usually involving buckwheat. Much better carbs than rice, potatoes, bread, etc. Buckwheat tastes great with boiled (not fried) onions, grated carrots, garlic, dried herbs, etc. You can cook it with meat / fish in the same pot, and of course lots of veggies - you start as a soup and then add buckwheat near the end. I get it for $3/kg ($1.36/lb) in bulk.

Buckwheat is a good source of protein too, as far as plants are concerned, non-GMO, gluten free 'n all. But I still recommend consuming some fish.

Do you know of any doctors prescribing this? If so, are their patients able to stay on this diet for long and are they being cured of anything by following this advice?

I like buckwheat

I consider myself plant-based, meaning on the day-to-day it is whole, plant foods, however on occasion I will consume processed foods. The body of science has long indicated the power of a plant-based diet to support good health against today’s top diet inducing diseases. That being said, I am always open to those who can counter centuries of data that support such findings.

Featured on the latest episode of South Park - LET THEM EAT GOO! :stuck_out_tongue:

This isn’t true.

Today’s “today’s top diet inducing diseases” are:

1. Too many calories in total.

2. Caffeine addiction (arguably).

3. Too much sugar / processed high-glycemic carbs.

4. Too many preservatives, MSG, nitrates, and other garbage.

5. Low testosterone levels in men from soy/etc and lack of healthy fats.

6. Loss of brain development potential from lack of Omega-3 fats, B12, and other essential micronutrients.

7. High uric acid, now a problem for 21.4% of USAns. Vegans are highest, while dairy is the cure.

Going vegan either doesn’t address those or makes them even worse!

Veganism is a placebo that makes people care less about the processed sugary salty soy crap they eat. Many people (especially active young adult men) subconsciously crave high-quality protein and fat, so with mostly-carb foods they’ll always be hungry and overeating.

Bad quality or quantity of animal foods can contribute to health problems, but going vegan isn’t the rational answer.

Seasteading is the future! Seafood production will be made cheap, clean, carbon-neutral, local, and tax-free!

Author unknown, quote from Feralculture community website post.

"Veganism is a domestication narrative which perpetuates the same endless expansion of monoculture which has reduced wild animal populations to below half of the global animal population. No matter how romantic the imagery, farms always displace habitat for wild plants, wild animals, total biomass, and total biodiversity.

Vegan ideology is supported by the USDA, those within upper echelons of government (Bill Clinton, Obama’s health advisor, etc.), and other institutions because the economics align with various interests profiting from converting our wild landscapes to short-term profits and corporate control. Zero moral high-ground in this mechanism for domestication."

1 Like