[UPDATE] Blog: Timeline and Support — Bitcoin Segwit2x and Bitcoin Gold

If you have BTC in Coinbase you will want to read this post.
In short you will get SegWit2X 1:1, it will be listed as B2X which has upsetted the 2X community.
BTC Gold has had the HF, but won’t be supported immediately until it can be proven not be a scam.

“Timeline and Support — Bitcoin Segwit2x and Bitcoin Gold”

https://blog.coinbase.com/timeline-and-support-bitcoin-segwit2x-and-bitcoin-gold-eda72525efd

1 Like

Major update re Coinbase

This is huge and it changes everything. Be ready guys.
BAD BAD BAD

How is it bad?

I thought BCH is the real BTC? How can B2x be the real BTC.
Its good for you for some reason when there’s this kind of confusion in the market.
Its bad for everybody else.

BCH is not BTC. It is BCH. I think it’s the most Bitcoin, but they didn’t claim to be BTC.

Choice is good. I like choice. I don’t think it’s obvious at all that Blockstream’s implementation is the real BTC, and if people choose SegWit2x after it claims to be the real BTC, so be it.

You know who it’s bad for? Blockstream. They’ve created a lot of ill will. I won’t cry for them.

Back to the question, “How is it bad?” Your answer is “confusion in the market?” I don’t see that as a very liberty/market-oriented answer.

What does liberty/ free market have to do with my answer? Did I offer to bring the State in to this?
I’m glad there are other coins. Leaves more BTC for me.

But bitcoin.com said bitcoin cash is the real bitcoin.
r/btc claims bitcoin cash is the real uncensored bitcoin.

I was responding to

I thought BCH is the real BTC?

Hence, my response, BCH is not BTC.

As for bitcoin.com saying Bitcoin Cash is the real bitcoin, I’m not them, but If there is a real Bitcoin, and I get a vote, I choose that.

What does liberty/ free market have to do with my answer?

If you’re libertarian, EVERYTHING.

BCH is not BTC. Repeat, BCH is not BTC.

BCH is in my eyes the protocol most aligned with Satoshi’s vision as proscribed in his whitepaper. It does not have questionable tech (segwit) to enable the network to scale. It increases the blocksize in order to scale.

That’s why I lament that after about eight years, Satoshi’s vision is no longer synonymous with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a compromised asset class, and Satoshi’s vision is all but dead. Troll comments like yours are rampant from the segwit/core crowd. Segwit1x bitcoin is powered by trolls, not sound tech.

1 Like

I know dude. I fully agree. It wasn’t, isn’t, won’t ever be (unless they fork back in) Bitcoin.
But ask yourself are you sure that its not BCC? Should have called it Satoshi’s Vision in the White Paper Coin. SVHPC
I’m here all week.

Ah yes, the vision in the whitepaper, this was surely going to come up. How many times have you read it? But how many of the Satoshi forum posts and email threads have you read?

Please. Do go on! You didn’t call them blockstreams yet.
No body controls Bitcoin. The devs develop it, miners mine it, retailers make money trading it.
Some, we know and even look(ed) up to, wish they had more control of it over all these others to guide it as they see fit.
I’m sorry it hurts so bad when you fork off, and the community doesn’t follow. Truth is, some of you ‘been had’ trading away your BTC for an altcoin.
That’s the price of operating in the free market.

PS> I fail to spot your comment about r/bitcoin censorship. Or were you saving that for my reply?

I am TheLive1 and not sure I want to label it Libertarian. That word has a lot of assholes, freedom hating statists associated with it.
I’m very pro free market, pro peace. “Liberty minded individual pursuing a life full of voluntary actions & interactions.”

I’m not asking for the State or anyone else to come in and forcefully take away any confusion in the market. Competition can try thriving off of it. That’s all its got.

I’m here only speaking up on that its bad for what bitcoin is today.

Unfortunately there isn’t anything streamed, airing out the other sides counter points.
But I wouldn’t want to speculate why this is the case.

You see, you have this fundamental dishonesty problem. You’re deliberately equating BTC with Bitcoin. he said “BCH is not BTC,” not “BCH is not Bitcoin.”

Why must you persist in being an asshole?

As for “No body controls Bitcoin” you can tell that to the people who were locked out of the code repository for BTC. Adam thinks he controls Bitcoin, and it’s gotten out of hand.

A whole lot of nothing in response.

Stop with that. You’re saying I’m dishonest because I have an opposing point of view. Tactical move. Mention exactly my dishonesty. I call a spade a spade. A bitcoin a bitcoin. A :poop:coin a :poop:coin.

If I must do enough of it only to piss you off

Bitcoin is FOSS. It requires handling when needed to stop the few who want to start a :poop: show.

Now this comment you just made is the definition of nothing in response.

Fuck you. You’re fundamentally dishonest and there’s no point in entertaining your lies and insults.

And I’m done w. you.

With complete honesty, good luck. No ill will and no hard feelings.

You talk as if you think you know me, as if you know what I think and what I’m gonna say next. That makes it difficult, perhaps impossible to have a decent conversation with you. My opinions are mine and no one else’s.

I’ve read the white paper and his forum posts several times.

Why are you such a troll?

2 Likes