Two-way radios for sale!

I have several BAOFENG UV-5R two-way radios available for sale. They come preprogrammed with dozens of channels. $50 or crypto or Goldbacks accepted.

1 Like

I’m interested. How can I speak with you?

This was at Forkfest. Are you in the Keene area?

I am now offering for sale LineageOS phones ($200, though this may go up as high as $300 or more due to rising prices on smart phones as time progresses this year) if anybody is interested. I’m primarily offering them to those in our community although am not against mailing phones to people who aren’t yet in New Hampshire or are in other parts of New Hampshire and can’t easily pick one up locally in Keene. I’m doing this primarily because there are a lot of people who have been asking me what to do when it comes to phones. No phone is optimal, but moving away from Google and iOS is a step in the right direction. I hope to be part of the solution, but there is a long way to go before we will have something optimal. Phones are outright tracking devices by design and depend on this (even if it’s not the case people are tracked to the degree they think… unless they have certain things turned on) to work fundamentally. Trying to reduce the detail of the tracking is something I hope we can eventually accomplish- but it’s a lot harder to do in practice than people probably realize. I’ve funded and worked on similar projects and it won’t surprise me if it takes $500k and that is under funding an engineering fix to the problem. The good news is that even if it’s not perfect (ie you will still be tracked) the Pine Phone may eventually be at least better for privacy as it separates the modem (backdoor to your smart phone and this undermines the apps that claim to offer end-to-end encryption) from the rest of the device and thus the government won’t have access to your private keys which is what a backdoor provides and that is what undermines your supposedly secure end-to-end communications. At the end of the day you shouldn’t use your phone for private communications anyway- but…

LineageOS enables you to replace your Google set of services with non-Google solutions. It’s basically an Android fork without Google crap on top. There is f-droid for installing software that will be less likely to own you, spy on you, etc (not perfect, but it’s better than iOS’s App Store or Google Play from a freedom and control perspective). LineageOS also works with Element (Matrix), Fedilab (Mastodon, an alternative to Twitter getting more popular in libertarian circles), Telegram (not perfect, but popular with Libertarians, and better than Whatsapp, Signal, and others in some ways, though not secure, and not as good as Matrix is, at least potentially), and Edge Wallet for spending crypto (supports the pay protocol so you can actually spend it in the real world and online).