Twitch - FTL Income Possibility

@FTL_Ian

Have you considered adding a Twitch stream of the show for another potential source of income? While Twitch is mostly dedicated to streaming of games there are a number of talk show type formats achieving success on that platform (i.e. H3H3 Productions).

Twitch is owned by Amazon, which isn’t great considering the latest development with the former affiliate program, but it does come with one benefit that should not be ignored. Anyone with Amazon Prime has access to a free Twitch subscription token they can use to lend financial support to their favorite Twitch channel. I am positive there are a number of listeners, myself included, who have Amazon Prime and would be happy to send “free” money FTL’s way if there was a Twitch channel available for their free subscription token.

Worth considering,
Jake

2 Likes

Yeah tha’s perfect! I would love to watch on Twitch!

good idea

As an amplifier myself, I would say that twitch would be something that would be a nice bonus for amplifiers.

Can someone show me an example of twitch channels that you enjoy that are not video games being played? I had not heard of this aspect of twitch.

Also, what if Jonny Ray, who plays games often, played some on Twitch? I have no idea what the hardware is that is necessary to stream, but it’s probably not complicated.

There is an entire category of channels listed as “Talk Shows.” None of them appear to be quite as polished and well produced as FTL, but there is definitely a category there in which the show could fit.

I would be glad to give my free subscription to someone endorsed by the show if it doesn’t seem an appropriate outlet for FTL. I just wanted to make known an untapped income source for someone involved in liberty activism. I know there have to be numerous people out there who would be happy to link their Amazon Prime accounts to Twitch just to give over this free subscription token.

This link is to a list of all the channels within the “Talk Show” community:

This is the H3H3 Productions channel which does a bi-weekly podcast which I would call a derivative of talk radio. They even take inbound calls periodically:

You guys asked and tonight YouTube gave us the opportunity by cutting our LRN feed for some TOS violation. We’ll see how long Twitch lasts.

It will air all Keene studio shows.

1 Like

Bummer of a reason to have to try it, but I’m all over it and I will subscribe there as soon as it lets me. Might have to wait for a few more people to follow or an initial waiting period to pass but you’ll have my subscription there at least.

Remember, anyone with Amazon Prime has a free subscriber token they can send your way. I’m sorry YouTube got cut, but seems like many people have been having issues with YouTube recently so I am not surprised.

Youtube cut the feed? What the hell?

What is a subscriber token?

I’m not sure if that’s the official term or not, but Twitch has a subscription model where people can subscribe to your channel (for a fee) which means funds for the content creator. It’s like an AMP but Twitch takes a cut. However, anyone with an Amazon Prime account is given one free subscription they can use on a channel of their choosing. There are a lot of free subscriptions out there completely unused, I am certain of it.

The Twitch subscription is not something you’d likely want to promote for people to use rather than regular AMPing (since Twitch takes a cut) but absolutely worth suggesting people with Amazon Prime subscribe to your Twitch channel since they can do so for free. Free to the Prime listener, but money for FTL.

Good to know!

Time for a freetalklive.onion address?

I don’t think youtube can cut our DNS.

Not that it would be bad to have a .onion. How does one acquire that?

I’ve never made one, but Tor addresses function similarly Bitcoin: you generate a public/private key combo. You can even “mine” a vanity .onion address which is how you’d get a sequence of intelligible words instead of random characters for one. Then you configure Tor software running on your web server:

https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-onion-service.html.en

@error?

This is certainly possible. I’ll get hold of you later about it.

you need to pass a few benchmarks before you can get Affiliate status (only affiliates and partners can have paid subscribers). most of the benchmarks are “stream a certain amount over the past x number of days” which should be trivial for a daily show. the hardest one will be to get 50 followers.

What was the YouTube TOS violation, something to do with advertising?