Tim Condon here....

…just found out about the Forkfest. I was thinking of attending the “15th Annual Porcupine Freedom Festival and Night on the Barricades” this summer (yes, that’ was the original, official name of the gathering; I know because I created the Porcupine Freedom Festival, putting together the first one, in June 2004). I’m here cause I’m interested in visiting the Forkfest this year if I can make it. Why? Cause the Forkfest may reflect a spirit closer to the original concept of the Porcupine Freedom Festival than the current PorcFest arrangements. I found out about Forkfest from Free Keene. Yeah…I’m an old, OLD guy. I remember when we put together a meeting in Sarasota, Florida where Dennis and Irina Goddard gave a talk about the then-new Free State Project in…where? New Hampshire? And who happened to be at that meeting? A couple or three young guys who were interested. One was named—wait for it—“Ian Freeman”; another was a guy named “Mark Edge”; and the third guy was…Menno Troyer I think. Well…shit.: Does time fly?

1 Like

Welcome, Tim. Did you ever move to NH?

Yeah, I did, to the Free Town of Grafton. Ran for state senate, did political stuff, bounced back and forth for several years. Then ran outta money, got called back to Florida (wife, work, etc.). Now I have a Florida driver’s license…with a home address of 12 Liberty Lane in Grafton. But I haven’t been able to get up as often as I used to. I need a place in southwestern New Hampshire, because my kid and grandkids are “due south” in New York state. Ahem…got any recommendations? :o)

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing you, Tim.

You too Mark. It’s been several years now…too long!

Holy Cow! Is everyone from Sarasota? Brian Manning, Matt Whitlock, Ian, Mark, Tim, and now Dennis? I grew up in Tampa.

Quite a few, Chloe, but not “everyone”. :o) I’m not from Sarasota, but Dennis and Irina were visiting her parents in that area (I think), and I was in Tampa, so I took the opportunity to get together a gathering for Dennis and Irina to give a talk there, and…guess who showed up?
Some unknown kids, including Ian, Mark, Menno, and a few others. Turned out to be an important day: At the end of the talk I playfully asked everyone at the table, “Okay, what do you think? When are you moving to New Hampshire?” This skinny young guy looked at me and said, “I was planning on moving in a year or two, but based on what I heard here today, we’re moving now. We’ll be in New Hampshire within two months.” And he was. That was Ian and Mark. Fun day! Food for the FSP too! :o)

Brian and I go way back. I <3 that guy.

Neal Connor and Mattheus Guttenberg also from Sarasota.

1 Like

Hi tim! thanks for sticking with us all these years… btw what date and year were you arrested for handing out fsp flyers… you were our first activism-arrest…

Hey Dave! Good to hear from you, man. The NRA arrest? April 2003. Before we even picked the state, lol.