Suggestion for FTL Communication

I would love to get involved with active talking and discussion with other Libertarians around the country who are listeners of FTL. Also with anyone who listens to the show who may not be a libertarian. I suggest we begin a Discord channel designed for frequent chatting and even voice chatting. However, judging by the FB and this forum, activity may be low. But hey its another form of communication that will be more (real time) than forums or FB.

6 Likes

Neat, is discord like Teamspeak?

Yea. Very much. A little more focus is on the text chatting but it does have voice connection in the channels too.
It also has a mobile app and can give push notifications, encouraging people to read and respond.

I’ve been using discord for the past year when my clan switched from TS, miles of an improvement. I can’t suggest it enough.

Here is the discord link. Shire members are invited as well. Its open to the public.

1 Like

Bumping this. Discord is awesome! In case you’re wondering, you don’t HAVE to use the voice chat feature. Most people actually use just the text chat part. Think of it as IRC on steroids!

1 Like

What’s the name of the group? I just got discord

1 Like

Just type 5dscamS in the “Join a Server” box.

Why do I have a feeling you’re trolling me lol @Jay

Only one way to find out…

:sob:

ahahhahahahhaha

But no, it’s legit.

1 Like

It has the word scam in it lol

Strange things happen sometimes in this universe with random character generators.

Just joined, thanks for bumping!

1 Like

Discord on my computer hasn’t worked for the past few months, just my phone. Can someone leave their tag so I can friend you and then get added to the LRN.FM fan-group?

1 Like

Hey Dano. Have you tried uninstalling the discord app on your computer and reinstalling it? That will most likely fix the problem. Alternatively, you can just use discord through your browser at https://discordapp.com. Good luck!

1 Like

Just joined!

1 Like

You might consider making a broadcast channel with a bot that broadcasts LRN 24/7 or, if that’s seen as excessive, only broadcast FTL during show hours. I like this idea though. Hope it leads to libertarian gaming too.

1 Like