Steemit

Thoughts on Steemit, @wtfk?

(This was originally a reply to your post about facebook here: NH Blogger Rails Against Border Patrol Checkpoints, Calls Out Libertarians )

1 Like

Steemit is just another shitcoin.

One that’s paid out to me a handful of bitcoin’s worth of them over time because of the platform they built around it.

My point was that it’s a shitcoin, the purpose for it’s existence is to make the founder’s rich under the guise of a social media platform. It has no long-term potential.

1 Like

Who cares? It’s getting people paid to create and share content, unlike facebook or various web scam sites. I’ve never had to pay a dime to participate and my posts usually snag a few bucks worth of steem.

I care because it truly has has no value beyond people competing for internet money points. WTFK is right, but “it pretends to give you a voice” also applies here. I get it, lots of people love the idea of getting rich off internet money points.

1 Like

Until steemit they competed for internet “likes”. Seems like a pretty big upgrade to be able to actually feed yourself and buy stuff with your steemit vote ups. You can’t do that with FB or reddit likes/vote-ups.

Peolple have made careers out of posting on social media, whatever platform.

My views on Steemit?

Good question. Quite embarrassingly, I have not spent due time with Steemit. Or maybe that reflects its inability to grab my attention. Either way, it probably should have.

I’m looking forward to more competition in these arenas involving micropayments. K.im looks very interesting. I think perhaps we’re going to see lower prices and less polish in publication as copyright breaks down. Perhaps this resembles the result of a more-free market. At issue here seems to be the litmus test for the moral efficacy of copyright, and perhaps all IP.

It’s too bad the ability of Bitcion, itself, to deliver micropayments has been spoiled. The jury is still out on the “Lightning Network” and whether it’s a trojan horse, scam, or real solution.