Should we launch a Mastodon?

Liberdon.com is great, but does anyone know who runs it? It had some technical difficulties last week and some people thought it was dead. It appears to be back, but maybe there’s room for two pro-liberty Mastodon instances?

social.shiresociety.com perhaps? Mastodon is such a mouthful.

1 Like

Someone else suggested we do Pleroma - looks neat

might make sense … it has been around a while, so not just a fad
I only know about it from the NoAgenda show … I am not set up on any instance of it.

I hope to have good news soon, like later today.

1 Like

Well, I’ve already got an instance, but I would encourage you to set one up and promote it. I have been promoting the liberdon instance, but entirely agree with the idea we need to run instances that our community have control over. Not just some supposed libertarian living who knows where that may not be as principled. Not to put down those who aren’t in NH, but the reality is we don’t know you yet, and people who move have at least demonstrated wholeheartedly their intent and seriousness of their beliefs and a will to do something about changing the status quo.

I will add one more thing- we should have more than one instance. Libertarians are known to get into disagreements with one another. What we need is federation so that nobody gets left out in the cold. I am confident in Ian’s ability and desire to remain relativity neutral and not go batshit crazy on others. But you can’t be 100% ever. So more instances the better. We don’t know if Ian will still be around tomorrow. The more decentralized we are, but still connected, the better.

2 Likes