Save at purse

So I have to ask, how does one break even with save at purse?
What’s the trick to using purse? My line of thinking is to be the most effective is to have my entire paycheck in bitcoin, wait for the price of bitcoin to go up and then buy on purse. Right?
Becuse the way I see it now, would be that I would have to buy bitcoin now- wait a few days for the price to go up and the use save at purse.
I hope I’m making sense.
Can someone tell me the trick to using this site effectively- Because I love amazon.

1 Like

Well, it depends on where you’re getting your Bitcoin, but yeah, you would want it to go up a bit or at least not go down before you spend it. I wasn’t that happy with their customer service. It’s been a while since I used it, and frankly, until I find a good source for Bitcoin, I’m not inclined to spend any. I’m more likely to move a bunch to another coin, but I’ll probably wait on that too.

I think there’s a place to get Amazon gift certificates at a discount. It’s not Gyft, where I got mine at face value.

1 Like

Every time I’ve spent Bitcoin I’ve always regretted it later.
For example what I bought 6 months ago for Bitcoin, now looks like I paid 3X that price. arghh.
But this is exactly why bitcoin works for Purse earners.
I dont want to say ‘don’t use purse’ because they are a FTL advertiser. So yeah, use purse its fine and makes it easy spending bitcoin for Amazon buying.

Financially it makes more sense to buy bitcoin, then cash out 6 months later and buy 3x as much in a few months. And donate some of that savings to FTL. But its not as easy to do all this yourself.

edit-- all of this is not financial advice as Bitcoin price could crash so it would have been wise to buy as much as you can with it now. Price is very good now, and a (possibly major) correction is going to happen within the next month or so.

It seems like I saved -10,000% by spending some Bitcoin there over a year ago.

In my opinion, it’s great for people who got into it early…as they can now cash out some value on things they want to buy without coming under the radar of having any real proof of having to report capital gains taxes.

2 Likes

I see where you’re coming from, but there are various reasons to use it, including easy access. The idea that it’s for hoarding disturbs me—it makes it more like the dreaded tulips.

My original buys are in cold storage for reasons not unlike those you mentioned.