Realistically, is it possible Bitcoin will ever go down to $0?

What would it take for Bitcoin to crash to $0? There’s so much money investing into the Bitcoin ecosystem, I don’t see this ever happening, but I’m sure there’s a chance it can crash to below $1K, assuming a large chunk of people jump ship & go to Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Litecoin or something else.

Or if quantum computing can crack Bitcoin.

What do you guys think?

IMO, it’ll never go to zero. It could crash really hard, but it would stop somewhere. Same goes for most crypto, I think, unless there’s some bizarre event I can’t think of.

1 Like

I agree with wtfk, Even dead coins are still on exchanges and tradable. Zero is (almost) impossible.
And regarding quantum computing: That is the biggest danger to Bitcoin. Not that there weren’t solutions out there, but it would take too long to come to a consensus how to implement them. :smiley: :smiley: After years of fighting and arguing Bitcoin would be cracked and worthless… :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Too much infighting would cause them to not implement a solution to quantum computer & cause bitcoin to be vulnerable…

So I guess we’ll see what happens…

I’m thinking the worst thing that can happen is maybe mining-related. Take BTC. If the miners all stop mining because it goes to $100 or something. Then it’ll never make enough blocks for the difficulty rating to come down so it can be mined with cheap equipment to do transactions, maybe. Even then, I think someone could fire up a used mining rig, and in enough time, maybe could get some blocks out to get the difficulty down, maybe. As for quantum computing, I’m regarding that as an unknown threat such as a solar flare wiping out mankind.