Planning to ride my bicycle to NH

Heya…
Sorry I haven’t called in our posted here in a while.
The ride has been tougher than I thought and I’m just falling into bed everyday.
I am so flattered that you guys care so much about me and I will really try to call in tonight.

2 Likes

What an amazing story dude…I should be the one inspired by you. :raised_hands:
I’ve been telling people that I’m just a stubborn amateur. :joy:
My body is holding out fairly well…I have slight pain in my knees, a sunburn, and a couple saddle sores. None of these are very painful, so I don’t think they are too serious.
Thanks for the kind words and offer of help…I just hope that I can make it in time for PorcFest.

2 Likes

Sorry it took so long:

3 Likes

I’ve stopped my ride short today because the heat has beat me down…
Check out my Trip

2 Likes

You can do it. I love what you’re doing - I know I couldn’t do it because of the heat.

I heard your call to ftl last night. Dogs are a big thing out in nowhere. I didn’t really encounter them until i got to KY/TN and nobody had fences or leashes. Dogs just ran out after cars and bikes. It really scared me at first, especially going up hill and momentum dried up. You could take a foot of a peddle to kick a dog away but then you would run out of speed and have to dismount. I always carried a ulock on the handle bars and was good at getting it off quick. It was a good delivery guy robbery deterant and for tapping on cars when they forgot you were still next to them when they put the turn signal on in the city. I found that most dogs were just chasing out of boredom or base doggness. They would chase and bark but weren’t threatening or would follow through with an attack if you stopped. It’s kind of like the ghost in the castle in super mario, where if you turn around and face them they stop getting closer and don’t know what to do.

my biggest scare and fear was log trucks. 2 loaded log trucks passing each other anywhere near you. not enough room left for a bike. some roads where this is common do not have shoulders. scary as hell.

safe travels man.

2 Likes

hey I found something
http://willbuchanan.com/blog/
https://www.nhinsider.com/press-releases/2008/12/11/freekeenenews-activist-walking-coast-to-coast-to-pass-throug.html

walk for liberty is dead though

1 Like

My ride is finally winding down… If all stays on track, I’ll be in Keene early in the evening on June 22nd.
I want to make it official by taking a pic with the statue in Central Square…

3 Likes

1 Like

Fantastic. Go dunker go.

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

It just took me 45 seconds to find the spot where I go to reply on this thread. New forum software does not mean better forum software. Thanks for biking, dunker dude! I called in to WTPL radio in the manchester area to tell them about you on the air.

1 Like

Weird. Every single post actually has a reply button - so there are even more on the page than the forum software you’re used to, Ridley. No one else has had problems. Sorry for the learning curve, but aside from you the response to the forum has been quite positive. Plus, people are also using it more, so that’s another indicator.

3 Likes

I have to agree. I have been able to reply really easily.

1 Like

thanks again for doing this dunker!

2 Likes

Remember how excited people were when Will Anderson (then Will Buchanan) walked across America to move to NH?

What happened to that excitement? It just wasn’t present with Dunker’s ride, which was just as big of a deal, IMO.

3 Likes

how much he promoted it

1 Like

Post-Facebook information consumption habits.

1 Like