Peeponics

Apparently all of the nutrients needed to grow plants are in human urine and wood ash.

This study evaluates the use of human urine and wood ash as fertilizers for tomato cultivation in a greenhouse. Tomatoes were cultivated in pots and treated with 135 kg of N/ha applied as mineral fertilizer, urine + ash, urine only, and control (no fertilization). The urine fertilized plants produced equal amounts of tomato fruits as mineral fertilized plants and 4.2 times more fruits than nonfertilized plants. The levels of lycopene were similar in tomato fruits from all fertilization treatments, but the amount of soluble sugars was lower and Clāˆ’ was higher in urine + ash fertilized tomato fruits. The Ī²-carotene content was greater and the NO3āˆ’ content was lower in urine fertilized tomato fruits. No enteric indicator microorganisms were detected in any tomato fruits. The results suggest that urine with/without wood ash can be used as a substitute for mineral fertilizer to increase the yields of tomato without posing any microbial or chemical risks.

Peeinā€™ in your garden is good. Just ask Ben Falk the author of The Resilient Homestead : http://www.wholesystemsdesign.com/resilient-farm-homestead-book/ (I recommend)

We use wood ash, rabbit manure, composted chicken manure,composted cow manure from local farmer, composted leaves, household compost, save and compost your grass clippings and leaves when you mow your lawn. Mix it with bunny-puffs and watch the red-wigglies multiply ! We just started composting wood chips for future use too.
Our cabbages,carrots,peas,tomatoes,squashes,kale,spinach,radishes, are amazing. Iā€™m guessing lots of gardeners/farmers here in the Shire ?
Samm

Iā€™ve had a compost pile going for a few years now. I started it as a way to get rid of weed stalks and leaves. There are at least 10 bales of hay, lots of rye seed and alfalfa.

Iā€™ve got a huge pile of coco coir and perlite. That is what I use as a weed growing substrate. I only use it for one inside grow, so I have a couple thousand dollars worth sitting in a pile outside.

At some point Iā€™ll probably mix the piles.

I am growing some tomatoe plants outdoors in coco coir/ perlite mix, using Technaflora hydroponic fertilizer. Itā€™s what I use for weed.

My 5 tomato plants are Big Boy, Better Boy, Big Beef, Red Beefsteak and a Super Sweet 100. Iā€™m gunna have way too many tomatoes.

I almost want to try peeponics on them, but figure I need to finish what I started, as Iā€™ve never grown tomatoes with Technaflora fertilizer before.

1 Like

Make some sauce, can-em.
Samm

Eat some Fly Agaric & then pee ?
Prob a bad idea.
Samm

If you can get over the taste, the sweating, and passing out.

Funny shit right there. I was wondering if anyone tried it . I usually look for the queen (fly agaric) in order to find the king (king bolete) because they grow in the same area. King or Cep Boletes are good eating (as just food).
Is Fly Agaric worth $ ?. Let me know soon if it is cause I see plenty of em.
Samm

You can get about $20 an ounce for them, dried.

Did it once, It wasā€¦interesting. Iā€™d be fine if I never did it ever again, lolā€¦

Thanks Jay. Advice taken. My curiosity is gone now. Hmmm, $20/ounce dried ? Where the heck would you find some customers ? ā€¦ Blackieā€¦?
Samm

Seems to sell pretty easily online and eBay by independant mushroom pickers. But then thatā€™s not exactly ā€œunder the radarā€.

Completely legal to sellā€¦

Itā€™s one of those drugs thatā€™s not exactly ā€œrecreationalā€. I still have problems with the flavor of regular mushrooms because the amanita muscaria left such a strong taste impression in my brain, lolā€¦

2 Likes