Palmer Lodge is on the Market

Perhaps, but remember when they just up & closed the voter registration office on a whim? Then they sicced the FBI on them? They will find any excuse to attack no matter the rationale, no matter how small the town is. (FSP has the advantage of being decentralized unlike Rajneesh though.) Many lessons to be learned. Many strategies to consider. Mistakes made on all sides.

I wish I had a viable answer, but after many years of being involved with testing the waters and pondering ideas I still haven’t been able to come up with a solid enough one.

I have one. Come talk to me at the party Tue.

The 1400 mile trip from here in Tampa is a long drive.

Shire Renaissance is not private, FYI. The Shire Society subforums are also not truly private, though they are not subject to webcrawlers.

If you want privacy, you may want to move to a chat program where each participant is verified.

2 Likes

Seems like you can have a Jewish Free Town Project pretty easily:

“As of 2020, the village of Kiryas Joel will separate from the town of Monroe to become the Town of Palm Tree, New York.[7] On Sunday, July 1, 2018 Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed a bill to create Palm Tree, triggering elections for the first governing board. The new town will have 10 elected positions on the November 2018 ballot including a supervisor, four council members and two justices to preside over a town court.”

I didn’t realize how many hardcore Jews are poor. On paper, at least. The Free Town in more ways than one.

You’d think there would be a welfare fraud investigation and amnesty program, like they had in Lakewood, NJ.

As South Williamsburg feels the pressure of rising rents, Hasidim are beginning to look for better options outside the city, and they take their vouchers, which are portable, with them. NYCHA records show at least 500 Section 8 tenants have moved to zip codes in Monsey and Spring Valley in Rockland County and Monroe in Orange County, where there are large Hasidic communities.

They really don’t like their kids interacting with non-jews.

Del Boca Vista is going to split from Del Boca Vista West?