Original 2011 Casascius Physical Bitcoin For Sale - $10,000 in FRNs

I have four original 2011 Casascius series 1 coins with the “CASACIUS” instead of “CASASCIUS” typo on the hologram and am looking to sell one at this time (buyer’s choice).

Price is a firm $10,000 in cash or bank-issued cashiers check.
I am not really interested in selling for crypto, but would do so for a significant premium.
In person transaction only (here in New Hampshire).

I’ve only been able to find two records of public sales of this coin in the last three months-
$25,100 ~2.9BTC - 02/12/18 eBay 263480180712
$20,400 ~2.6BTC - 02/05/18 eBay 183043769764

I’ve been told that prices for sales on bitcointalk.org “are significantly lower”, but I have been unable to find records of any sales there in 2018 and the people telling me this have been unwilling to provide links. (If you have any for me I’d love to see them!)

Regardless of other sales (and bitcoin’s current downward trend), I’m not willing to go below my $10,000 asking price at this time.
That price will remain firm until bitcoin bounces back to $9000/BTC or I indicate in this thread that the coin has been sold.

Coins’ addresses-
19jUWnYS = 19jUWnYS1Jxrbnq5brTBPG5RVKQXvKcNdW
19gKwVvy = 19gKwVvyejj6Q2PMFacod7o9x8xdisPDo6
19iNbjNf = 19iNbjNf9DovFxpL67Kc8K4wwDVs71mb1s
19fR2ywY = 19fR2ywYgK7ESasGgk5f7xS78RRozVpVEQ

1 Like

lol looks like roger ver’s free handouts at porcfest 2012 are resurfacing. i think they were worth about 8 bucks that day?

2 Likes

Are they made from silver or gold ??

Brass, but as far as I know, this is a pretty good price.

I think we took them as a $5 equivalent.

@Robert_Westminster As Mark said, they are made of brass with a tamper-evident hologram on the reverse.

@Ridley I actually purchased these from Roger via MemoryDealers at a cost of 2BTC each in November 2011. So I paid a touch over $4. :sunglasses: However, those handouts may explain why I’ve always had difficulty finding buyers for these in the Shire - Roger “flooded” the local market.

Bitcoin’s price is on the rise once again, but you can still own one of the original physical Bitcoins for only $10,000 in FRNs!

If you’re not willing to part with the tyrant’s paper then it can be had for 1.4BTC or the equivalent in BCH, ETH or LTC.

Coin 19jUWnYS (top left in the pics) has been sold.

I’ll be holding the others, though my current price would now be $16,000 for the next.

Most likely the next coin will be available again in December.

Did you get any of the physical bitcoins sold?

I have a family member who is looking to sell one 2011 Casascius 1 btc coin to sell, loaded.

I sold the one I was looking to sell back in April.
A friend connected with the buyer through a NH focused crypto group on Facebook.