oOo Starchild oOo

Greetings Freedom Lovers,

This is Starchild, from San Francisco. I actually introduced myself here way back in 2010, but I don’t know that the account is still valid; I never really got into posting here. In fact when I found that old introduction post, I found a bunch of replies to it that I hadn’t seen. (If you responded and never heard back from me, sorry about that!)

Anyway, I’d like to get more active here – as a longtime (L)ibertarian activist (anarchist, 6 time candidate for public office, former Libertarian National Committee At-Large Representative), I’ve thought the Free State Project was a good idea from the beginning, and continue to support it. Was excited to hear about the introduction of secession legislation in the NH legislature, and didn’t even mind losing our former chair (Aubrey Freedman) and current vice-chair (Jeff Yunes) here in the LPSF to the free(r) state. While I haven’t moved and no immediate plans to do so, I suspect I’ll wind up in the Shire at some point.

In the meantime, I’d like to participate more in the forums from afar, and do what I can to support local efforts on the ground. I think I first heard about the forums on Free Talk Live. I love the activism around FTL and what people have done in Keene; was dismayed (though not surprised, given everything we know) about the March raid on the studios and related persons. Have sent a donation to support the “Crypto Six” (FreeTheCrypto6.com).

I also have a question regarding the Shire Free Church, which I’ve joined and consider myself a member – has anyone with the church done anything regarding issuing religious exemptions to Covid vaccination mandates?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

1 Like

Welcome back. Glad to hear you have moving in mind. It seems San Francisco is worse than ever with the vax passports now. Not surprised that we’re siphoning off activists- that’s great news for NH!

Regarding the Church, it’s a decentralized ministry, so it would be up to each minister to issue such a thing. PM me.

Thanks, Ian. All you do continues to be inspirational. Yeah, places in SF “carding” for “proof” of vaccination bites, though fortunately it’s not consistently enforced.

I wouldn’t describe the Free State Project as “siphoning off” activists – that’s characterizing it too negatively. People largely make personal decisions without anyone pressuring them. Jeff is still participating with the LPSF from the Shire, and I think people moving there is a form of activism in and of itself, which is good for the overall cause of freedom.

If I can figure out how to send a personal communication here, I’ll message you about the church.

Love & LIberty,

((( starchild )))

Hi SC and welcome back ! I remember meeting you at porcfest a long time ago.
Really appreciate your interest in backing us from “the near abroad.”

During the 2 years before I moved to NH in 04 I found it was easy to do activism that would help the FSP from outside NH…and in fact it was already the most efficient type of activism I could do.

What kinds of things are you interested in doing from out there? talk radio calls, posts on other web forums or new social media, letters to the editor in your area, press releases… were the options that worked well for me before I moved and also after. Let me know what you want to do and I may have resources to throw your way that will make it easier. …when Biden shows up at SF someday maybe you can wave a “US out of NH” sign for us!

It seems like the main thing we need in this age of deplatforming and presstitutes…is media coverage of some kind, even if it’s just social media.

Hi Dave!

Thanks for your message – I think we did indeed meet briefly in 2009. Since then I’ve done some Shire activism from afar – telling people about the Free State Project, encouraging more focus on New Hampshire within the Libertarian Party, occasional posting on FreeKeene.com, calls to FreeTalkLive, even a bit of lobbying of state legislators (for marriage equality, and gun rights, iirc).

I’m always interested in hearing about online comment fora that attract people from different perspectives, especially ones that don’t require registering and creating accounts, or if they do, at least not requiring you to use Facebook (which I’m no longer on) or Google.

I do use Twitter (@StarchildSF) and the Disqus platform (Disqus.com/by/Starchild) – the latter is used as the comment interface by numerous sites, the one I currently use the most being the local San Francisco news site SFist.com – you can see a lot of comments I posted in the last few days on this story, for instance: New Analysis Shows Almost 900 Bay Area Neighborhoods Are Inside 'Food Deserts'.

By the way, I heard on FTL about your “Bitcoin Gandhi” activism – brilliant! I also appreciate your post about China, and how libertarians can help the cause of freedom there without contributing to U.S. government militarism or warmongering.

I have a project idea that could relate to the latter. Would love to chat with you by phone sometime if you’re up for it.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))