NH: Beleaguered radio hosts offer to underwrite secession drive

It’s good.
The journey of 1000 miles doesn’t not happen without taking one step first.
Also it’s the power of suggestion.
The idea must be suggested, that is another step one.
Putting a idea fourth makes it become
a reality

1 Like

The first state rep I contacted said yes, he wants to sponsor something like this. That’s a good sign. Details to follow hopefully.

Irving i think the idea getting the most support is the
constitutional amendment,
followed by the resolution,
followed by a ban on Fed law enforcement activity
followed by the study committee and the legislative package approach.

July 21 update: I sent a reply to the state rep above asking if he is ready for me to publicly name him. But I haven’t heard from him for the last two days… so I’m starting to contact other reps. Looks like filing house bills has to be done during a one week period in mid September but can anyone verify or refute that? Is there a different procedure for CACR’s and resolutions in the House?

Contacted 3 more reps requesting a sponsor.
Additional discussion occurring at Redirecting...
and NHexit on Telegram

1 Like

you can also grab the rss feed for the podcast if you want to catch up on past ones

I’ve now contacted 4 state reps total…the first one (who initially said yes I’d like to sponsor something like this) I have not heard back from again…for about 4 days. One of the other three has said no. Two have not responded yet. So I’m now contacting another four reps which will make a total of 8 contacted.

1 Like

Care to share who is saying no?

1 Like

Not really. Not without thinking about it. Switched to making phone calls instead where practical. roughly 11 reps contacted so far… no more yesses as of July 30. When I get to 15 I turn it over to the rest of you to see if you want to continue the process of making the request.

1 Like

I heard Jeremy Kaufmann claim that there are over 40 “free staters” in state rep seats now. I’ll see if I can find out what happened to the first rep you reached.

1 Like

This nascant independence drive has now generated publicity in the form of a mention in this Verge article:

Other publicity…

Manch radio station discusses tentative NH independence drive , starting around 1:15, 1 hour 15 mintes

My call to Manch radio station about Porcfest and NH secession , at 17 minutes

1 Like

Connarton is a good guy.

FYI, I was able to reach the rep in question and he says he’s going to a FL convention with other NH reps and is planning to talk to them as they have more experience in these things.

1 Like

Looks like I’ve accidentally gone overboard and contacted 19 reps … listed below. The ones I called are noted as such, otherwise I sent emails. I know most of them. So far no one has given a firm yes…most apparently did not reply or return my calls. Probably some of the addies or phone numbers were wrong. Aldrich and Craig I just now left phone messages with today.

Erica Layon
Gary Hopper
leah cushman
kevin craig
blasek melissa
lex berezhny.com
glen aldrich i left voice msg
dennis acton

Mike Sylvia
garry hopper i left voice msg
tony lekas I called
jenine notter
jason osborne
tom ploszaj
john burt
Matthew Santonastaso
mark warden
melissa blasek
carol mcguire

I’m now ceasing to make new contacts but if any of the rest of you would like to call some reps, that would be great and if you get a yes then let me know!

1 Like

Looks like the NH independence drive is back in motion and no longer tentative. On Aug 12 we had a conference call with state reps Matthew Santonastaso and Mike Sylvia who are apparently both up for it; the only real debate was over details. There were 7 people on the call and all agreed to have it recorded for broadcast! Here is the call; what are your thoughts?

2 Likes

Someone has reached out to me tentatively volunteering to make a promotional video about this, complete with beautiful presenter!

2 Likes

I listened to the podcast version of the conference call to hear all the details I missed.
It is fun being the conservative one and Ian and Aria can be the radicals. :slight_smile:

Aria and I will be meeting with our IT guy about the website today.

1 Like

The most recent wording, a group effort, is:

"Are you in favor of amending the first part of the New Hampshire Constitution by inserting, after article 7, a new article to read as follows:

[Art.] 7-a. [Independent Nation.] New Hampshire declares independence from the United States and immediately proceeds as a sovereign nation. The legislature, governor, and all other branches of the state government shall make all appropriate arrangements in accordance with being a self-governing nation before January 1 of 2023. All other references to the United States in this constitution and state statutes and regulations are nullified. "

I’d like it if there were a we could make it sound more conciliatory and less “Slovenija 1991” without compromising the substance… but for the moment I’ve reached the limits of my capability on on wording. can any of you suggest improvements along these lines? Or any lines for that matter.

1 Like

This was the other floated option:

Are you in favor of amending the first part of the constitution by inserting after article 7 a new article to read as follows:

[Art.] 7-a. [Independent Nation.] New Hampshire declares itself an independent nation. All provisions of this Constitution, and all New Hampshire statutes empowering the United States’ rule over New Hampshire, are nullified.

2 Likes

Flurry of discussion is happening but mostly on email and calls. 8 people on the conference call today. there was discussion regarding the possibility that Jan 1 2023 may be too soon for them to have their “appropriate arrangements” made and that thus it should read something more like Dec 31 2023. I forget the exact date floated. Someone requested I post my updated schedule and contact information for radio shows we can call and get on the air… planning to do that shortly.

Apparently there will be a brief and important period of time in September, after the CACR is presumably submitted …the rep has to sign off on it and presumably correct any “this wasn’t what I wanted!” type wording that might be put in by state workers who ultimately word the proposals at Legislative Services.

Planning to post the call here later, participants agreed to have it recorded and public.

1 Like

yea I would guess that now that we have decided the instrument (amendment) then the person or people who will sponsor it comes next
then getting it set up by september

then we can just be pushing it everywhere

1 Like

I’ve now started an “executive summary” thread since, as Irving points out, this one is getting too long to follow. For now I’ll be directing newcomers here: NH Free 2023 - Independence drive begins! Exec summary here

I’ve also invited about 9 reps to the next conference call.

1 Like