News from the land of warren jeffs

this is an ongoing story for the last year or so.
you may know the states of az and utah went after the residents of hilldale ut and colorado city az, (neighboring towns) for alleged welfare fraud. allegedly they (the flds church) were pooling food stamp monies and distributing the food to the residents on a as needed basis. i doubt the church had anything to do with that, according to what i hear (i live not very far from there) from the locals there.
lyle jeffs went on the lamb, and was eventually caught. all others arrested had charges dropped.

the next thing the 2 states did was to start evicting people from their homes and property, under “property tax violations” including things like “improper transfer of property” and “not paying taxes” . they have evicted more than 1/2 the populace from the area, ironically vastly increasing the amount paid on welfare (due to the state having to pay rent/utilities on the now homeless children).
this went on until recently , i think that phase is over.

just wanted to report on this is all.

/edit/ i think its odd that if i as a landlord need to evict someone i have to give them 30 days notice, and if they wont move , have to file a petition in court to have them removed.
the state needs no such legalities, if they want you out, men with guns will forcibly remove you right now

1 Like