New Person Introduction

1. My name is Troy, I currently live in Arvada, CO. With plans to move to NH sometime in the next few years.
  2. I am a FSP participant/signer and am interested in all other organizations with similar goals.
  3. Mainly from Ian on FTL.

Thanks,

Troy

Welcome, Troy. Congrats on your decision to move - let us know if we can help.

Welcome from Team Porcupine Real Estate! We have had several folks escaping CO; you will love NH.

Glad to hear it, I hope so :slight_smile: . Out of curiosity, are most of the Colorado people coming from the Metro area (Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs) or just kind of everywhere in the state?

Thanks,

Troy

A post was split to a new topic: Introducing Christine

Hey, troy I am moving from Colorado myself, I only came to Colorado to work a few years. My goal has been the shire for about a decade.

You check out www.wearechangecolorado.com they have meetings in Arvada at Journeys for conscious living, on the last Monday of the month. Also check out liberty on the rocks in Denver. A lot people at those meetups are very in intrested in New Hampshire/FSP/Shire Socitey

I have met an amazing group of liberty lovers bettween WACC and LOTR

I am leaving here Monday ish.

Have you thought about where in the shire you want to move? Have you checked out Porcfest, Liberty Forum, or anything like that?

Thanks for the info Jay, I will check into the we are change. I had gone to a LOTR meeting a long time ago. I will revisit. Good luck on the move!

Hello penguin,

Currently I am researching the Grafton area, or similar. I am a FSP signer # 13000ish. Now that it is activated I will be doing more to make the move happen, hence why I am here. :slight_smile: I will be going to NH next year and just kind of check the place out, then will return for one of the larger meetups you mentioned at a later time, as the ability to move continues down its path.

Thanks for the info/reminder,

Troy

Awesome! Can’t wait to see you up here in New Hampshire!

Hi Troy…

I just got on board to. Happy learning, building, and growing… talk soon

Hello Multi,

Sorry fell of the planet for a bit.

Sounds good to me.

Hi Troy,

Activated! Me too. I have lots of idea - curious what you’re values are. How would you like to live? In what setting? With which types of people?

Hello Patrick,

As far as values, pretty much average libertarian I suppose. Live and let live, NAP, etc… People seem to say how they got here so here is my path, over several years. Vine Deloria, Jr. (Government sucks can’t be trusted) -> Russell Means (Government sucks can’t be trusted) -> Judge Napolitano (Government can suck don’t trust) -> Libertarian -> Gun friendly states and activism (Internet Search) -> Open Carry Trash Pickup -> FSP -> FTL -> Ian -> Shire Society.

As far as living. Not quite sure yet. Grew up rural and farming 6+ hours to nearest city, Albuquerque, been in Denver/Metro Area for the last 26 years, so now, I’ve done the urban thing enough, I think. So, can’t decide if I want to go back to subsistence type living, urban or in the middle. I’ll have to get out to NH this year and take a look around and see. At this point, I would say more subsistence and Graftonish but, can’t be sure yet.

Peoplewise. Generally people are great and don’t have too much of an opinion at this point. The first part of my life was in music, commercial composition/tech/classical orchestra. This 2nd part of life, I have been in IT/Sys Admin/Programming etc. and run my own business for the last 12 years. Not sure what all this means but, when I get closer to being in NH more permanently those skills/qualities might help place me and the rest of the family around similar life experience type people or locations, or not. :slight_smile:

How about yourself? What’s your story? Ideas?

–Troy

You can go find my intro! Lately I’ve been doing what you see at bevoluntaryist.com - Actually a bit behind, we’re now in central america.

I’m moving in June. I have the luxury of taking it easy for a bit, deciding what is next.

My big goal right now is to try and unite consumers and business owners via https://LIBERTY.menu
I’m currently reaching out to various groups to help promote the idea.

Sometime in the near future I’ll get into business again - and I plan on being in the middle, rural but no too rural - lots in my price range but need to see it on the ground (plan was to see it in the melt but I’ll miss that!)… though urban Shire is far less urban that what I’m used to, so urban it might be… really I’m looking for ideas. Plan is to move but move around, learn the land before buying in.

Make more music! Enjoyed all there was. Put it on YouTube, I run https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbhnu335D1456ftKD49D-iYXao7wTrvEF
Just a collection of liberty musicians on YT.

troy:

You might want to check out Keene if your a techy-oriented type. We got a bunch of people here like that. The jobs may not be in this immediate facility- but as far as running an online business of some sort it works great. There are places where you can get fiber here. Though you’d want to be careful cause it can get pricey. $3,000 for install on the low end and 120 for 10/10 150 for 25/25 and 50/30 is $200. Or something like that. I got a 25/25 package. There is also cable internet but you will get a max up of like 5Mbps I believe from what I’ve been told. You can also get ADSL in town up to 25Mbps I believe. Farther out though you can get bonded ADSL (max of 6Mbps down, but you can do a bonded connection and a 2nd single 3Mbps for a total of 9Mbps down, and cheap too, it’s like $30 I think for that 6Mbps bonded connection if memory is correct).

If you are going to work for someone else there are probably more tech jobs (or jobs period) in Nashua, Manchester, and Concord areas given they are bigger in size. There is a tier 1 tech support job in Keene that’s pretty awesome (ThinkPenguin) though if you are a technically minded GNU/Linux user :slight_smile: but no positions available. Just filled it… though depending on when you move something might be available.

The main benefit to being in Keene is there is more activism going on here than anywhere else. It’s attracted some of the more active activists. I won’t mention who, but someone here keeps joking about how Grafton is the place activism moves to die. It’s sort of funny, but sadly it seems to be all too true. It may be a good reason to get some land nearer to, but not in Keene, or one of the other cities where there are more people to inspire oneself to get active. Due to the small populations you can basically live in the middle of nowhere and still be close to populated areas. If you look at Keene it’s densely populated in town, but then it just ends and you hit forest. Even within the city limits of Keene. Basically Cheshire county has no people in it except those for which live in Keene. This is a little bit of an exaggeration, but it’s not far off.