New Member Introduction

Hello, my name is Michael Bruce. I’m currently a resident of Kentucky but I am working toward making the move to New Hampshire. I have spent the past couple of years as a public school history teacher which has taught me a lot (from both the good and bad). It would be great if I could find a job at a private school. I am so optimistic about the potential for change in the direction of liberty and I just can’t wait to begin having a hand in that.
I think I found out about The Free State Project through casual perusing of some liberty-leaning outlet like Reason or Tom Woods or something. It’s hard for me to recall exactly what outlet I found out about something from. I became aware of Free Keene in a similar way. I hope this has been a decent brief introduction. A huge part of me wanting to move is for the community and networking with other fans of liberty so I’d be more than willing to have a chat or answer any questions someone might have.

Best Regards,

Michael Bruce

1 Like

Welcome, Michael! @kenny_voluntaryist just moved here from Kentucky.

Welcome to the forum, Michael. My partner, Darlene, and I moved here a month ago from Kentucky. And she’s worked for the Kentucky school system, too, but as a bus driver, janitor, and booster president.

Welcome! What attracts you to the freedom movement?

1 Like

welcome!
Do you have a timeline for when you think you may move?

Hey awesome Michael! Great to meet you. Looking forward to seeing you here!

Kenny, good to meet you. How has it been finding work up there?

StephenNass, I have always really valued independence and been annoyed at people who try to control others. Beyond that, my own study and reading has caused a fire to be lit under me to try to bring the public’s understanding up.

LibertyPenguin, I would like to move by the end of August. With that being said, some family concerns are unresolved right now so I guess I’ll say within a year.

Derrick, thanks man. I’m looking forward to meeting as many liberty-minded people as possible.

1 Like

It’s pretty easy. Lots of temp agencies that have plenty of factory and custodial jobs, fast food joints and local businesses hire frequently, and drivers are often needed. Don’t know about education positions though.