New Member from NJ

Hello, I’m from NJ. On the shore, to be exact. I am an avid hunter, fisherman, and competition shooter.

I am absolutely tired of the state and federal governments overstepping their bounds. I own a business, the government bends me over twice as much. I’ve always been, what I assume would be described as a libertarian. I’ve never been identified as one, but it seems as if I try to live as one. I’ve always believed we the people are the subjects. Never trust the government, or they king’s men (any of the government agencies).

I started listening to Free Talk Live recently. (It’s hard to believe it been on for so long, and I’m just discovering it). The radio program turned me on to this forum.

To be honest, I don’t post much. I’m around to learn. If I have something valuable to add, I will. But I’m not around for a high post count.

Thank you for accepting me into you forum… (presumably)

2 Likes

Welcome! We have some great activists up here in the Shire who are escapees from NJ.

1 Like

Welcome lunicy, hope you consider moving to the Shire.

1 Like

Hey welcome! I’m from Camden County New Jersey and my dad lives in Cape May. I look forward to meeting you sometime in the Shire.

I have found there is much greater firearms freedom here in the Shire. I can open carry anywhere and it’s totally normal. Can you imagine what would happen if you did that where you live now?

How did you discover Free Talk Live? It’s one of my favorite shows!

3 Likes

I could only imagine what would happen if you open carried her in NJ. I have family all over the country, so it is a welcome change to go visit and have a few rights restored once I cross the river.

When I found FTL, I believe I was searching for survival/gun/hunting blogs and podcasts. I followed a link to a few blogs, and it was on the sidebar of one of the blogs.

2 Likes

I moved from Flemington, New Jersey (just north of Trenton, ie west central jersey) in March of last year. It was a great decision for me and my partner. Best decision ever- or at least 2nd best (ie first best being my partner). We’ve got lots of friends, stuff to do, and hope for change for once!

I bought a house at a fraction of the price of what I had in New Jersey. Literally went from $350,000 down to $200,000 (for a comparative ranch house anyway; not what we had, but downsized a little because the house we had was a bit too much for two people). My property taxes are less (despite being “high”), no sales tax, no income tax, and I make the same financially.

New Hampshire is far from a perfect utopia that I want to live in- but it’s not what it is that matters- but what we can turn it into which makes it great. There a lot of opportunity here for activism. The state house is not that far from the major population centers in New Hampshire (ie anywhere in the south basically) so it’s easy to get together with other people and take your issues to the statehouse.

1 Like