New here. Curious about Bitcoin

My name is John, I’m a RN in Iowa. Moderate on most things. Hear to learn more on various viewpoints. And curious to learn more about crypto currency. Heard about this on the radio and thought I would check it out, sounded interesting.

1 Like

Cool - welcome!

Welcome! This is a great place to learn from people passionate about bitcoin and liberty. What do you want know?

Trying to figure out how to get my feet wet in bitcoin or crypto currency. Interested in how it works.

1 Like

Have you been to bitcoin.com yet?

1 Like

I used to be bi-curious too. I could have gotten balls deep at 8 cents.

The term “bit-curious” did come to mind.

I’ve not jumped into this Bitcoin yet either. I just don’t understand how something so useless (due to the insane transaction fees) can continue to grow. I’m considering dash, but it’s not growing. I don’t know.

Well, one theory is that BTC will lose favor and the real Bitcoin will be BCH, since it also has the Genesis Block and will be able to claim the title.

Yeah, that does make since. I just feel like this is a big bubble that is going to bust and will do so just about the time I try to get in on it because that’s my luck lol

Hey, I don’t blame anyone for being scared to get into BTC. I don’t think I’d put a BCH in it. In fact, I’m itching to get my BTC out.

I share that concern. I just turned the bitcoin that I had been purchasing since 2014 into dollars.

The best thing to do is to research bitcoin. Learn how it works. Try to understand Satoshi Nakamoto’s motivation to create it. Read the Bitcoin White Paper. Find out why people enjoy using it. Look for other blockchain technologies, see what they do better than or worse than bitcoin. After you get a good understanding of it, then decide whether bitcoin will be useful in your personal life or not. That’s ultimately the best reason to have any, is if it is useful. I generally advise against buying to make more dollars, since the idea behind bitcoin was to replace dollars and other blood-soaked currencies.

This is a very good one-stop shop of bitcoin resources: https://lopp.net/bitcoin.html

"Japan’s financial giant, with a global market cap of almost half a trillion, has strongly come out in support of Bitcoin Cash, the newest and yet the oldest digital currency. Yoshitaka Kitao, Representative Director, President & CEO of SBI Holdings says:

‘The vision of the original Bitcoin white paper written by Satoshi Nakamoto calls for a peer-to-peer electronic cash system. That is a powerful vision, and SBI Group will devote resources to enable a future world where Bitcoin Cash is used globally for daily payments.’”