New From IL

Hi, I’m a

1. Pushing 40 year old libertarian living in Illinois, browsing ever more frustrated with everything. My job is good and family is here, so very hard to make the move out.

2. Connect and interact with other like-minded people.

3. Link from FSP chat on MeWe.

3 Likes

Welcome. Few things worth doing are easy.

3 Likes

Yea, I think a lot of us can feel ya. Many of us quit jobs, closed businesses, sold houses, and divorced families (ok ok, maybe not quite to that extent). If you really care about freedom sometimes you’ve got to make some significant sacrifices.

1 Like

Hi. Me too. In fact seeing a post from IL made me join so I could say hi. I was just gonna lurk for a while.

1 Like

Yea, unfortunately you really need to visit New Hampshire to see what it’s like. The forums and public outlets really suck. On Matrix it’s mostly trolls at the moment. I’d probably check out the New Hampshire room on Matrix if you check it out. Pretty quiet though. The forums don’t have much going on besides a few people saying hi. Maybe this will change as they get more active again. This is they are getting busier, but it’s new people, not real chatter among those in New Hampshire. Mastodon is OK, but it’s also still fairly new. The best outlets are actually currently those that are restricted to those who have moved on Telegram.

I suppose there are some that aren’t like the Freedom Decrypted channel on Telegram (linked from the web site below). That might be a good place if you are technical to see what it’s like in NH.

I’d actually say the best way to get a feel of what it’s like to be among liberty minded people in New Hampshire is to start listening to Free Talk Like. It’s mostly one-way, but it’s definitely a good mostly friendly group. If you are a technical person check out Freedom Decrypted. It’s a similar ish podcast in a similar format to Free Talk Live. There are also other shows on the LRN (liberty radio network) although I think there are people from outside New Hampshire too so it’s not quite going to give you the same feel. People who migrate are certainly more unique and I’d say interesting to say the least.

https://www.FreedomDecrypted.com/

2 Likes

I quit one of the best jobs anyone in my line of work could ever hope for. I was also on the dream career path.

Moving to NH was the best decision my wife and I ever mad.

Just come and you’ll be happy you did. And your family will love living free lives, too.

1 Like

I’ve been here for just 4 days, unfortunately just visiting, and I have to say that I’m hooked. My wife was convinced to move on day two. In fact she is looking for every way to move here as soon as humanly possible. She is even contemplating renting just to get back out here sooner – she was saying she wants to buy a house first if we move.

I’ve been planning on moving for 15 years, and advice is don’t wait another day, if you can do it.

2 Likes

Yea :slight_smile: I couldn’t stop myself from moving sooner than desirable and I’m so glad I did. I only wish more people knew about it. I think we’ve failed as a movement to get the word out. But the good news is the more people who hear about it the more people who move so it’s slow going at first and ramping up faster and faster as time moves forward. More people are moving today than ever have in the history of the movement. Last year we had more movers than in any year prior.

1 Like