My strategy

Here is my article with my general strategy:

It is sort of a law-abiding agorism.

I personally would like to work on tiny houses. If there are lawyers, house inspectors, architects, and builders who wanted to contribute advice we could create open source construction plans that meet code.

In NH, tiny houses are legal but need to meet code 2015 and Appendix Q. Also, if HB 588 passes, it would require towns that allow ADUs to allow them, so that would increase the places where tiny houses can be put. Obviously this is a great opportunity to bring up more free staters as well.

Another option to consider is something more simple, like seasonal housing that isn’t on a traditional foundation or trailer. It may be cheaper and less regulated.

I am interested in setting up a shop and it would be great if we had experienced builders giving workshops. The students could pay, or the homeowner, or the house could be sold or rented to cover costs.

What do you think?

1 Like

downloading the text into my audio reader to listen later!

Cool.

Here’s another idea to add under food. There are some smart garden systems people can buy with apps that help regulate conditions for each type of plant or have calenders with notifications and instructions for what each plant needs. If there isn’t one people could create an open source/public domain app like that to make gardening simple for the average person. It can also explain how to gather, preserve, and cook the plants, especially including wild edibles, as that is information that is often lacking. A permaculture garden planner would be cool too.

since the shortages started i’ve been gathering maple leaves and dandelions on a fairly large scale … then passive- drying them either by sun or by putting them in drier after a laundry load, without turning it back on. that’s a way to get a bigger nonperishable food stockpile without putting as much stress on the supply chain or feeding as much $$ to monsanto.

Interesting.