My intro.

Hello, my actual name is Stu. Born in Utah, I have done some travel within the states and have been to Baja Mexico. My wife is from Mass and last year we went to visit some of her family in New England. I have a slave job as a cnc machinist which I would like to continue, but not at the price of doing so as a slave.
I am here to look for an opportunity to do what I am skilled at and whatever else comes along in the pursuit of some level of vonu.
I heard about this group from free talk live, the best radio show ever.
I look forward to sharing ideas and, when we can get out there physically, projects and experiences. Thank you all.

1 Like

Welcome! Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks. You guys really are the best. Especially you, Ian. You’re my favorite host and you do a fantastic job. Thanks for taking my call earlier. I could probably have picked an easier topic but bitcoin is my favorite freedom strategy. Petitioning the masters has little appeal for me.

1 Like

Bitcoin is working great here in Keene. And now that Bitcoin is actually working better with lower fees, we should have even more success.

1 Like

That’s the most exciting aspect of moving to the shire, for me.See you soon, hopefully. :slight_smile:

Welcome to tbd Shire forum.

Thanks!

Welcome! Stick around and check out some of the other forum topics on here. We’re growing everyday.

Hey Stu, great to meet you. I agree that bitcoin is the most exciting and effective way to enhance freedom in our lifetime. It’s working great out here on the Seacoast of New Hampshire! It’s awesome that you do cnc machining. Quite a skill. I know you said you don’t want to be a slave, and I know a few cnc machinists up here who feel quite liberated. Looking forward to seeing you and your wife here some day soon!

1 Like

Thanks. I really like the structure of the forum. It deals with a lot of what I dislike about fascist book. I’m going to try and pop in at least once daily.

1 Like

Thanks Derrick! It’s nice to meet you too. Thank you for your service. Victimless Crime Spree was fantastic. I’m quite excited at all the possibilities in the shire. Any leads on non authoritarian leaning employers in the field would be helpful. Especially ones that are willing to pay in Bitcoin.

1 Like

There probably aren’t enough of them doing enough bitcoin business to have enough to pay in bitcoin, but I’d love to be wrong. Bitcoin is a small portion of the sales of most businesses who accept it. There may be a few exceptions like FTL or Thinkpenguin.

1 Like

Hopefully that changes as Bitcoin becomes more widely accepted. As much as I see the political process as degrading and futile, it’s nice to see bits of legislation like the NH crypto bill I heard about, and something similar in NV. It’s good to be wrong. Maybe I’ll just end up selling coffee for crypto. Ultimately, I think it would be fun to get into asic chip design and build miners.Of course, that’s an entire restructuring of nearly everything in my life, but I have the advantage of living in a world that can afford me such upheaval without destruction. First, the breaking of ties and the migration…

1 Like