Music block?

I was wondering, has LRN attempted a music block? An hour or two of libertarian-themed music or New Hampshire-based independent artists? I ask, because FM stations might pick that up (with my limited knowledge of radio); and with a couple libertarian indie or rock radio personalities the block can be peppered with libertarianism and LRN/FTL plugs.

Libertarian-themed music could be major artists (depending on how licensing is done) like “War Pigs” by Black Sabbath, “Tom Sawyer” by Rush, or “Uprising” by Muse to name a few obvious ones, or not-so-obvious ones like “Condemned to Hell” by Gamma Ray, “Revolution Calling” by Queensryche, or “Get Over It” by the Eagles (ironic, I know, just like “Don’t Tread on Me” by Metallica would be).

Or independent ones, like Tatiana Moroz, Jordan Page, Aimee Allen, the Interrupters, Sons of Liberty, Immortal Technique, Backwordz, or Rebel, Inc.

Looking on Reverbnation, there are a lot of good bands in the Shire. I’ve only looked at the rock, metal, and indie stuff so far, though.

Fun fact: libertarian country singer Dwight Yoakam did an amazing duet with Michelle Branch, pop singer-songwriter who endorsed Dr. Ron Paul in 2012. Hell, even Motorhead did a lot of libertarian music - probably makes sense given Lemmy was an anarchist. RIP Lemmy. Lots of potential out there.

I’ve had this idea for a while, but hearing Ian and Mark talk on FTL about the rock epic Rock of Ages prompted me to voice this opinion. (Side note: I’ve lived the opening scene of the movie, working and singing at the same time, “Nothin’ but a Good Time” by Poison comes natural when you work)

1 Like

Cool idea - you could do that as your own libertarian music podcast! Probably wouldn’t work for LRN as it is a talk network, but if you did a podcast maybe people would subscribe.

1 Like

It’s something I could try. I’ve been told between my enthusiasm and library of music knowledge (for rock, metal, country, and blues), I’d be good as a DJ. I just lack confidence in my voice. I’ve been an FTL caller once, for that matter.

But if there’s a demand for it and no one else willing to take it up, I’d try it. I was surprised I finished the original post without offering more liberty-oriented music trivia.

1 Like