Mandatory Intro for Free Society Page

I’m 47 years old and consider myself a libertarian (small “L”). I was raised a stereotypical “progressive” by a feminazi mom and weak dad (bless their hearts). I then rebelled with a super-conservative stereotypical talk radio phase for a few years. Then, 21 years ago, I had a kid and realized I needed to really think about things and get a damned clue. So now I piss off people on both sides of the aisle, and I have worked to raise my daughter to understand liberty and the non-aggression principle.
I found “Free Talk Live” a few years ago and am a regular listener. I heard about Bitcoin back in 2009, but was too stupid and wimpy to buy any back then, but I’ve finally gotten over that and invested in some crypto. I really like Dash and think that is going to be the “wave of the future”. (Incidentally, the friend who told me about bitcoin years ago recently sold the little he had purchased and bought himself a Tesla. Like, the expensive, partially self-driving kind. I pay more attention to his opinions now.)
I love the idea of the Free State Project. But I DETEST cold weather and snow. I live on a lake in the south and basically “survive” the “winter” months down here so that I can do my real living on the water in the sunshine. When y’all decide to start a Free State movement somewhere WARM, I will gladly consider relocating at that time.
This should definitely be enough info to confirm that I am not a “bot” or spammer.
Robean

3 Likes

Welcome!

While I understand extreme weather being an issue (I left central american as its too damn hot), I think NH is fairly mild. Even the cold months aren’t that cold.

1 Like

luckily you spelled your small “L” with a libertarian … we are very strict about these things

like this wave of the future

https://media1.fdncms.com/sevendaysvt/imager/wave-of-the-future-wave-of-the-future/u/original/2416821/albumreview2-1.jpg

or this

https://nailsbails.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/wave-of-the-future.jpg

Welcome to the forums. Libertarianism is antithetical to conservatives and liberals, so it’s natural it’ll upset them. Bitcoin and Dash are godsends that New Hampshire, especially the Keene area, take pride in.

I’m from Kentucky, and lived two years in Texas, and I hate the cold. My partner is native Hawaiian and spent most of her life there, and she detests, downright loathes the cold. We survived New England winter. Lots of ways to stay warm here.

The positive side of the cold is it also runs out the statists. Why do your stating in NH when it’s so much warmer elsewhere?

Plus, you can’t really appreciate warmth without the contrast of cold. I also dislike being cold, but there’s a real beauty in wintertime - I appreciate the wonderful contrasting seasons we have here. And the freedom.

2 Likes

Winter does look beautiful here. Too much snow for my taste, but no snow sucks. But I’d take this over nothing any day.

1 Like

I have to give your partner super kudos for leaving Hawaii for New Hampshire! :flushed: I live on a lake here, and being on/in the water is one of my favorite things. Not willing to give that up.

We will have to “agree to disagree” on “no snow sucks”. Unless you are skiing. :wink:

:sweat_smile: Cute! Although I HAVE contributed to the “Big L” Libertarian party, there is certainly a difference between the political party and the philosophy/principles.

I live on a lake that I am able to enjoy for over 6 months out of the year. I had enough snow as a child, and we DO get some flurries down here - that’s enough for me. Instead of sacrificing freedom for security, I suppose I am sacrificing some freedom for time on a screened porch, a jet ski, and a boat. It’s not ideal, but at this time, I am satisfied with the arrangement. :sunglasses: