LRN.FM feed via HTTPS?

So I got some Amazon echos for Christmas (spare me the security lecture, I know they are always listening) and unless you want to listen to a podcast from the beginning all the podcast “skills” suck. (AnyPod supposed to be better but it can’t find “Free Talk Live”.)

Anyway, I wrote an Alexa skill to stream LRN.FM and it works great, just say “Alexa, ask L R N dot F M to start streaming”, except it only allows HTTPS audio streams. (I know, who the hell streams audio over HTTPS?!?!) Is there anywhere I can pick up a stream of LRN.FM via HTTPS? Also, as if the HTTPS requirement wasn’t enough, the cert has to be trusted. So no self-signed HTTPS certificates.

I was told Alexa can already stream LRN.FM… hmm

Doesn’t Alexa have tunein? We are there.

LRN is on TuneIn… the Alexa has a “skill” that allows users to listen to TuneIn streams… so yes, LRN is available on Alexa

1 Like

Yeah, so I asked it a million times to “Alexa, steam LRM.FM”, “LRNFM”, “LRN”, and I always got a “I could’t find…” (except once when it streamed “WLRNFM”, some radio station. However, “Alexa, stream Liberty Radio Network” worked. Thanks.

I guess I’ll have to adapt my skill to stream FPPradioNews or something.