Line of work

I am very curious to know what jobs people on the forum have. Do you care to share?

I work in Medical Billing- but I am hungry to get out of this work. I am also in the beginning stages of starting an app and looking for another job possibly being a realtor.

2 Likes

I’m officially a medical marijuana caregiver in Maine, which is basically small scale seed to sale cannabis producer.

4 Likes

Isthere a lot of competition in your field in Maine? @blackie

1 Like

Yes, but there is limited supply and high demand.

There are 8 medical marijuana dispensaries in the state and over 4000 medical marijuana caregivers.

Recreational/retail marijuana is now legal, but stores haven’t opened for that yet, so the only legal way to get it is to grow your own or have someone gift it to you. You can’t legally buy it. So that opened up a huge grey market where people change for delivery or the container, but give the cannabis away for free.

Retail stores have been delayed, so the grey market will be thriving until they open.

2 Likes

I’m a software developer. My client sells and supports a “Dealer Management System” for automotive retailers, which is “soup to nuts” software, meaning everything they need except maybe a copy of MS Office. We do the service, sales contracts, accounting and everything. I work on the service department code.

Now I’m really curious to know what your day looks like lol @wtfk

Btw- i bet @LibertyPenguin comes in this thread and says something slick :joy: If not him, then @Jay

1 Like

Audio Visual Director at Hotels and Conference Centers.

I sell mainly used business-type electronics on the internet, getting stuff mostly from yard/estate sales these days. I get bored at night sometimes and go dumpster diving in the local industrial area here for about an hour a month to find stuff too, twice a year I might find $1000 worth of stuff at a time, so per hour averaged out it pays very well…lol. Yeah, I’m a bit weird. Money is nowhere near what it’s used to be, but I survive for now.

It’s boring most of the time, and crazy for about 10-15 hours a week.

2 Likes

I’m a driver. I work a day job delivering tires. At night, I make private deliveries and work Uber and Lyft.

affiliate relations, lobbyist, journalist, editor, occasional pig farmer… those are the things I’m generally getting paid for

1 Like

Does the good smell ever get old?

Hahaha…I am completely “nose blind” to the smell, unless I take more than two days off.

2 Likes

@wtfk that sounds like my job, and at least oh can have some distraction. I literally get all my work done on Monday,and the rest of the week I’m having conversations with myself and pretending I’m typing. And of course listening to the shows archives

1 Like

@NAPMASTER how is driving when it comes to a side hussle? Is it good?

@are you really structured Darryl? Do you have to have you multiple jobs planned out to a T?

Are you working for Mark? @LibertyPenguin
You do a lot for Mark from what I’ve heard. Sending his pillows and such lol

@NAPMASTER that smell is amazing…
I also like the smell of gasoline

I think Tampa got some imports of foreign gas after the hurricane, because it smelled real good again like it used to before they started adding ethanol.

@ALaLoca The driving side hustles are nice because I choose when I want to work. However, Even with the private deliveries, I don’t make enough to justify quitting my day job. It would be too much of a gamble financially. I’ve heard the bigger the city, the more you typically earn. My current county only has around 240,000 people.

I have a pretty set routine if that’s what you’re asking

1 Like