Jesse from Mn

I’m Jesse heard bout this on Facebook learned of movement on you tube took pledge a while back, looking to move spring summer but make trip out there in Feb to sell better half on idea. What should I tell her to ease her fears? Anyone willing to share thier experience with her?
I’m a union carpenter how’s the labor market for high end finish guys? And where is the hall located? We’re thinking Keene but if I could find work north country lake spot would suit me fine

1 Like

Hey, welcome!

I hear work is hard to find in the North Country.

Let us know when you are coming up in Feb!

Welcome to forum. The north is very beautiful. I think work might be easier to find in the lakes region where there are more people in the summer.

As a Union carpenter I found the pay scale in the north troubling aND rest of state a bit scary. Suppose I could always go back on the road work half the year or commute to Boston nyc.
I liked the value up north there. Being mortgage free would be nice. Wife didn’t want to be in sticks anyway. I think we’re going to come out to conference in February and take a look around. Do most attendees stay in the hotel?

1 Like

Lots of construction jobs available up this way for skilled, non lazy, craftsman.
I know a guy making $40 a hour working for somebody else. Several people making $25-30.
That may not be union scale, but if you factor there’s no state income tax, and the average NH resident commutes 22 minutes a day to work, there’s a lot of upsides.

Lots of people from Nashua, Manchester, Portsmouth areas commute into Boston every day for work… Not that I’d want to do that, but the union carpenters in greater boston have a very prolific marketing campaign. They’re always on the radio during the Patriots games.

1 Like

I hate windshield time. I just spent 2 years doing the millwork package at state capitol in St Paul 9miles away. A little spoiled now. Hell if I could get on it at mountian view grand lodge i would retire out of it. That’s work I’d do for free. The historical preservation is my thing these days I’d take a cut to do it. Id go back to self employment, but I got kids need insurance.

Is there any keene get togethers scheduled for the days prior to the conference in Manchester?

Possibly, what days could you be in town? Some stuff is shown at http://calendar.freekeene.com, but we’re happy to schedule a meet-n-greet for you - just let me know when you’re coming and if you have a food preference.

We were thinking about coming before the conference but there’s a house is going to be auctioned off on the 21st that I kind of want to be there for. so it’s probably be sometime after conference.

by the way awesome job at the capital on the driver’s license issue. They have no intention of passing it though. You notice they never mentioned the constitutionality of the present system. and the discussion was about the 350 and million in Revenue. the one rep that did try to question if there’s any validity of argument got shut down. the question needs to be put to her again, she needs to be asked to support her position on the Constitutional basis. With facts granting her Charter and the legality of it.

She outright lied when asked how they would differentiate between commercial add non commercial drivers, they have classifications already on the driver’s license as far as restferocity goes write the bill so it doesn’t abolish the system it allows people to opt out that would address all of their arguments. That would allow drivers ed programs etc etc. it’s my understanding that the state can license persons under 18 to drive and that’s how they baited us into the system in the first place. if you wrote the Bill allowing people to opt out everybody would f****** op out it would allow opposition to believe that most people wouldn’t op out, the revenue wouldn’t be that affected, it would wouldn’t all of her issues, except dangerous drivers which we know it doesn’t affect anyway but you need to address that concern of those by stating. Certain things are still a crime, vehicular homicide has nothing to do with the driver’s license ect as far as injuries etc etc without intent or criminal negligence well that’s what tort systems for.
Good luck

Oh yes, I know all about being a wife to a “crazy anarchist” :wink:
What are her fears/concerns?

1 Like

We’re leaving in the morning, it’ll take a day and a half to get there with wife. She doesn’t understand that you only stop when you get gas, drive straight through quality of a professional traveler.

travel safe. Welcome to the granite state.

If you’ll be in NH tomorrow, our Crypto meetup is at Kirby’s Q at 2pm in Alstead:

Thank you

We made it, the forum’s interesting, we will be heading for keene on Monday or Tuesday hope to meet up with some locals

2 Likes