Introduction

I came to the forum to get information on how to set up a bitcoin wallet. I’m so tech unsavy I can hardly navigate this forum. I live in the Keene area. I have been a precious metals investor for 9 years, but have been pretty frustrated with how effective the money masters are at manipulating the price of the metals and mining stocks downward. I got the free $10 bitcoin through Keene Bitcoin Network, who referred me here, so I’m trying to set up a wallet. I downloaded it from Bitcoin.com, the one they recommend, but don’t know what to do after that. I was going to invest in Bitcoin back in April when the price was half what it is now, but got deterred by the technical difficulties, so now I have a $10 incentive to invest the time and see if I can figure out how to do this.

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

Which wallet did you download and for what operating system?

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome!

So you have $10 of bitcoin in your wallet, yes? Or are you still trying to redeem it? bitcoin.com recommends several different wallet services depending on your specific needs, so we can help you better if you tell us what you have.

If you’re interested in buying more, I’ve found that the easiest way to do so with a bank account is through Coinbase.com. They also offer other blockchain currencies like Litecoin and Ethereum. I’ve heard that their verification process is a little difficult, and that some users have had other difficulties, but I’m unaware of any other direct purchase service like them.

Don’t be afraid to ask whatever questions you might have, we’re happy to help.

1 Like

It’s called the Bitcoin.com wallet for Windows

It’s just called the Bitcoin.com wallet for windows. I don’t have a smart phone as I have no cell service where I live. I expect to use bitcoin primarily as an investment.

Welcome to the forum.

Interesting. I didn’t know that bitcoin.com has a wallet. I just downloaded it and it looks decent. Are you having trouble unzipping the downloaded file, Michael? What is the hangup, exactly?

1 Like

I got the wallet set up and money deposited. Thanks. On another subject, I have a bunch of links on my facebook page to youtube and other sources related to topics like Global Debt and Central Banks, Aaron Swartz, the USS Liberty attack 50 years ago, War is a Racket- Smedley Butler, and the Deep State. They should be open to the public. I don’t think any of my mainstream “friends” ever look at what I post on there. If you can’t access them you can send me a friend request.