Introduction

Hello all,

We’re (family of three) considering moving to New Hampshire and recently found out about this forum from an activist. I’m a software engineer and my wife performs the much more difficult job of staying home with our son. We’re interested in freedom, financial independence, self-sufficiency, and helping others.

I’m primarily here to browse the forums for resources as we consider moving to NH.

We’re looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Sincerely,
Joe

Excellent choice!

How can we help?

Welcome! You may find Porcupine Real Estate’s NH Relocation Guide a helpful resource: nhrelocationguide.com

If you have questions on buying or renting a home, you can email us at info@porcupinerealestate.com. We’d be happy to help with your move to the Free State.

Amy

Welcome!

My wife and I moved here with our two kids about a month ago under pretty similar circumstances (I’m in tech, she’s staying at home currently with the kids). We’ve been very happy with the decision so far and would be glad to answer any questions that we can, although we’re definitely still learning ourselves.

1 Like

Yea- I moved a bit over a year ago. Still learning the ropes too- but moving on to a stage three kinda phase (for better or worse depending on how you look at it, and it’s quite exciting!).

If you need any suggestions about stuff I’m here too. Insurance questions (you can get car insurance and pay in Bitcoin from INGUARD, but other types probably as well, although they don’t offer every type of insurance).

Questions about cheap moving options (trucks, etc), etc.

Questions about real estate agents if you are planning to use one to buy or rent. I would recommend Porcupine Real Estate. I went through them and the experience was excellent. They also take Bitcoin.