Introduction

Hello,

I am a homesteader, former network engineer, and current SAHM in WA. My husband is a crypto dev. We live on 20 acres, partially off grid (we have fiber internet!), with some chickens. We’re looking around for a move because WA is ridiculous when it comes to homesteading laws. Everything from water collection to building codes is difficult here. We’ve had our eye on MT but recently I stumbled onto the FreeKeene site and ended up on this forum. I had heard of FSP before from a friend so I have been looking around and I really like the sense of community I am seeing. That’s something I am missing from living in the city and lacking in the rural area where we live. So I’m trying to convince my husband to come visit the area for one of the festivals this year.

4 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome. Liberty Forum is in February, ForcFest and PorcFest are in June, FreeCoast Festival in September, FSBDAC in October.

1 Like

Look at Carroll county in nh. It’s the best. I’m living in a beautiful new home and I don’t even have an occupancy permit. NH is awesome, but the further you go north, the better it gets.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums. Keene, New Hampshire is definitely the place to go if you plan on being an activist or organizer. It has a libertarian community but without the urbanization of a city. Grafton County and the North Country is more for the off-the-grid type - and it’s beautiful.

Yeah the summer has the world-famous Porcupine Freedom Festival (Porcfest), February has Liberty Forum, and local areas have their own conventions and festivals. Keene is famous for the Pumpkin Festival and local libertarians used to do Keenevention.

Let us know when you plan to visit.

1 Like

Update: We depart Wednesday and I’m heading to Keene temporarily. This will give my daughter and I time to explore and get to know everyone. My husband will return to WA to button things down while we find a new homestead. We should arrive around the 23rd. Thank you to those who have offered to help us unload. This is a “soft move” to a rental so we only have a few boxes. I’ll drop a line when we do the big move. In the meantime I look forward to meeting some of you at meetups, etc!