Introduction - Spencer Dias

Hello!
My name is Spencer, and I love liberty. So much so, that it just happens to be that James Otis Jr is my 8th great grandfather. I live in Bedford (Just west of Manchvegas) and go to Bedford High School as well. For any other dwellers of Bedford, I’ll be on your ballot for State Representative in 2018! I’m here on this forum to connect with other liberty lovers here in New Hampshire and to also connect with fellow Libertarian Party members. I found these forums through recommendations on the official LPNH Facebook group.

I hope to hear from all of you soon!

3 Likes

That’s pretty awesome to run for office while still in high school! I wonder how many times such a thing has been done?

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Hi Spencer.

I’m in Weare these days. Are you aware of the Shire Society and Free State migrations?

I’m particularly curious about your journey because of your age. I was a rebellious teenager but my understanding and assertion of my individual rights was very limited. I’m impressed and curious every time I meet someone who figures this out at a young age.

Also, had to look up your ancestor. Which led me to finally research why ‘Patriot’ would be a term used by the colony revolutionaries and British when today, to me, Patriot means more of a nationalist. Ends up it goes back to the Patriot Whig party in England and meant someone who disturbes the ruling government. Sounds like loyalists used it as an insult, and patriots used it as a badge of honor.

1 Like

welcome!

Welcome to the forum. Good luck in the race. Ues, quite impressive being a libertarian in high school.

Welcome!