Introduction- Leah Pearl from Weare

Hi everyone, my name is Leah. I’m a refugee of Massachusetts, a member of the Free State Project. I moved here with my family in November. Liberty is important to me. I have a passion for learning and research. I’m a Registered Nurse, homeschool mom, nature lover, and wannabe homesteader. I had heard of the Shire Society before but was reminded of it again in a Ridley Report video on Youtube recently, which brought me to the forums. I’m here to be in touch with other members of the New Hampshire liberty movement and stay “in the know.”

3 Likes

Welcome! To where did you move?

Very cool. Welcome to the state of at least less Liberals.
I’m guessing the RN part keeps you tied to being close to big population areas ?
I’m not a fan of populated areas. I grew up in s. NH and have witnessed major sprawl, high taxes, domination by corporate america, and relentlessly ridiculous/frivolous small town politics.
Your dream of Homesteading is awesome though! It’s a definite way to feel good, know what your family is eating, gain pride in hard work/ providing for yourself/ Independence. It’s also a great way to put hurt on the controlling system. Your Independence is VERY bad for the system. Which is very good for Freedom.
If you feel the “pull” of the Homesteading lifestyle, don’t fight it . Go for it. Do it sooner,rather than later.
As a RN, maybe you see what happens to too many folks soon after system-approved retirement age ?
Our Homesteading plans are happening much further north. More beauty/nature,almost non-existent taxes,zero hustle & bustle (unless your a squirrel).
2 great books to keep you inspired: Ben Hewitt "The Nourishing Homestead"
Ben Falk "The Resilient Farm & Homestead"
Good Luck,
Samm

Hey Ian, I moved to Weare

I’m on maternity leave at the moment but for almost a year I’ve been commuting to my job in MA. Doing my state taxes this year was a nightmare. I’m in Weare, so it’s pretty rural. I’m also not a fan of populated areas.

As far as homesteading goes I am struggling with the green thumb aspect as I have a lot to juggle. I’ve tried here this year and in MA last year but I’ve not had much success. In the spring I’m putting up a green house so hopefully I’ll do better once some environmental variables are removed while I’m learning.

I do have success with chickens though. Been raising them for a few years now.

What do you have going on your homestead?

Thanks, I am trying to learn what I can in my free time.

And thank you for the book recommendations.

I’m not sure specifically what you mean about seniors in health care but I could talk for hours on what’s wrong with the medical industry. I’ve been working in long term care and rehab for four years and I’m ready to get out.

1 Like

5 gardens with amazing results(experience & good weather,not luck), 14x36 season-extender (greenhouse), many chickens:eggs/meat, rabbits, canning, fishing for food, firewood harvesting, maple syrup, herbs, mushrooms-medicinal/edible, gravity water/garden watering, deer/turkey hunting soon, and another plan that includes near total self-sufficiency. We juggle other things too. Was going to put up a picture of the greenhouse but found something creepy and worthy of a new topic.
Samm

Wow that sounds amazing!! Wish I could download your knowledge and experience like in the Matrix :stuck_out_tongue:

On top of homesteading I’ll put in a good effort to make sure you can never do that. :wink:
Peace

1 Like

Welcome Leah!

1 Like